New TouchPad driver for E6520 / ALPS

bpedman

All,

I have a release of @yeahoon and my merge! I integrated the code you sent over, it still has the reverse side scrolling, but heres a list of working on E6420:

Working

Two finger scrolling

Right side scrolling

Sensitivity (in Voodoo PrefPane)

Track stick

Track stick Scrolling (holding middle button)

Partial

Side scrolling (reversed)

Multitouch (3 finger in all directions on my model, not native trackpad PrefPane or Voodoo, its complicated... read below)

Not Working

4 Finger gestures

Native System Recognition

5 Finger Pinch (May be done sooner that 4 finger... the system just sees 4 as one large finger.)

To see if multitouch works on your model turn volume all the way up, go to launchpad, put three fingers down, FLAT!!! not just touching with three, full finger down, and swipe in any direction, if your system beeps/moves from one icon to another, it works!!! then you must go to system preferences ==> keyboard ==> shortcut ==> mission control ==> and select the different actions, and when you have to enter the shortcut, just do the gesture!

@bmp152 and @bisk. This one WILL Work. (;

Please let me know how it works. 

Ask questions here on the forum and report bugs, you can always PM me or @yeahoon with ideas as well.

Npjohnsonyeahoon Merge.zip

All,

I have a release of @yeahoon and my merge! I integrated the code you sent over, it still has the reverse side scrolling, but heres a list of working on E6420:

Working

Two finger scrolling

Right side scrolling

Track stick

Partial

Multitouch (3 finger in all directions on my model, not native trackpad PrefPane or Voodoo, its complicated... read below)

Not Working

4 Finger gestures

5 Finger Pinch (May be done sooner that 4 finger... the system just sees 4 as one large finger.)

To see if multitouch works on your model turn volume all the way up, go to launchpad, put three fingers down, FLAT!!! not just touching with three, full finger down, and swipe in any direction, if your system beeps/moves from one icon to another, it works!!! then you must go to system preferences ==> keyboard ==> shortcut ==> mission control ==> and select the different actions, and when you have to enter the shortcut, just do the gesture!

Ask questions here on the forum and report bugs, you can always PM me or @yeahoon with ideas as well.

causes kernel panic on my e6330 on 10.9

Hi,

I just installed Mavericks to a Dell Latitude E6230. It's working nicely besides the touchpad. So I wanted to install the drivers from this thread but actually I'm not sure if I understood everything correctly.

So I've to use the:
ALPS-TouchPad-Driver-v7.zip
not the other archive, right?

Before installing the kext from there I've to delete every PS2 kext from: /E/E, /S/L/E and /S/L/E/myHack.kext/Contents/PlugIns.

Then I've to install the VoodooPS2Controller.kext. Can I copy that to /E/E and run myFix to include it in the myHack.kext?

The VoodooPS2Deamon only has to be copied to /usr/bin?

And what to do with the VoodooPS2synapticsPane.prefPane? Do I have to copy it to /Users/name/Library/PreferencePanes?

This is what I think what to do after some reading but before I break anything I wanted to ask.

And what are those other folders good for, like:
- synapticsconfigload.dSYM
- VoodooPS2Controller.kext.dSYM
Are they just automatically created when compiling the other files?

Thanks for any help!

@firefly1 you have everthibg right. The .dsym is a compiling thing. The prefpanr should be put in /e/include/prefpanes or somethings like that. Or you can just double click it and install it (works better) but I would actually reccomend trying the ALPS mulyitouch I have attached above before v7

All,

Working

Two finger scrolling

Right side scrolling

Track stick

Partial

Not Working

4 Finger gestures

Hey npjohnson,

Sorry for my absence.

I actually do not have the Inspiron 3520 ATM but expect to see it again in another week or so.

Now, I am actually doing a Latitude E6420 with NVidia video chip.  I'll try your touchpad kext on it.

Also, did anyone ever crack the sleep on the E6420+NVidia Quadro NVS 4200M ?

I just need sleep and the touchpad and I'm pretty much there thanks to the SDHC kext that you provided in another place.

OK, I have your Alps touchpad kext installed on my E6420 running 10.8.5 and it's working great !

Click & drag, 2 finger scrolling, edge scrolling ... so far so good !

I'll drop this on the Inspiron 3520 when I see it next and let you know.

I likey ;)

@bisk great yo hear! I have the E6420 with Intel. Have you tried disabling quadramos (deffinitly spelled wrong) in bios? Some people said that worked with the nero bootpack in the e6429 research.

@bzimage I have had a problem simillar to that... I had to completly reinstall. All kexts I tried to install caused panic. Something to do with a memory cache... never figured it out.

• Moderators

Funny thing.. i had the alps touchap kext v7 on a E6530 running fine, upgraded the ram on this machine from 8 GB to 16 GB now it gives panic everytime, i also tried other versions but i still keep getting panics.

If you remove the 8gb ram, does it boot again?

Hey npjohnson,

Sorry for my absence.

I actually do not have the Inspiron 3520 ATM but expect to see it again in another week or so.

Now, I am actually doing a Latitude E6420 with NVidia video chip.  I'll try your touchpad kext on it.

Also, did anyone ever crack the sleep on the E6420+NVidia Quadro NVS 4200M ?

I just need sleep and the touchpad and I'm pretty much there thanks to the SDHC kext that you provided in another place.

No, still no sleep for nvidia. If you have time and an extra hdd, try removing all the nvda* and geforce* kexts from SLE, and enable optimus. See if you could get that to boot, you might then be able to get sleep with HD3000. You'll have to mod DSDT to enable HD3000 too.