How to install Lion on D620

Agrerald

extract contents and put in /extra... overwrite existing

bootplist

smbios

mkext

dsdt

the app regulates pstates

Once again, thanks for the file Bronx. Results have not changed, loads for 7 seconds, then to the "dark side". Anything special I need to do other than default in bios? ssprod

• Administrators

is it just dark or complete black/blank? if it's just dark then in energy saver uncheck dim display also i think pause button brings up the screen brightness as does Fn up make sure that ambient light sensor is disabled in bios and screen brightness on battery power is set to full, it will still be dark but when you sleep the computer and wake it it will be bright. also try doing a repair of permissions/drive with diskutility. if that doesn't work try rebuilding catches

is it just dark or complete black/blank? if it's just dark then in energy saver uncheck dim display also i think pause button brings up the screen brightness as does Fn up make sure that ambient light sensor is disabled in bios and screen brightness on battery power is set to full, it will still be dark but when you sleep the computer and wake it it will be bright. also try doing a repair of permissions/drive with diskutility. if that doesn't work try rebuilding catches

Excuse this question, however are you referring to energy saver in the 620 bios?. Can't seem to find that. ssprod

energysaver in system preferences in osx... or are you still stuck on installer? i probably miss understood... lol

Hey Bronx, thanks again and sorry for the bother. Yeah, installer is the problem. Feel like a newb, although I'm really not. Can't get my head around it, no matter what I do, preliminary kext loads until secondary stage, then screen goes literally black. I can video the process if that helps... got me in a loop. ssprod