How to install Lion on D620

Agrerald

After finally succeeding on my D630/Nvidia, I felt confident enough to try it on my friend's D620.

Using the MyHack USB stick + EDP 2.2 method, we have a successful Lion installation on D620/Intel, 2.16 Core 2 Duo, broadcom wireless, speedstep, iStat, 1440 non-dim video, opt.4 PS2. This also has the best tracking behavior :-)

However, we do not have working sleep. (Have not tired the password method, since we were able to get the D630 to work, we figured Let's go for it.)

Upon either closing the lid, or choosing Sleep, the disk activity light very briefly flickers, and then the power light pulses, as if in sleep. This happens much faster than on our working D630, btw, not long enough to write as much as I would expect it to. Upon opening the lid, it acts as if it is freshly powering on, rather than waking up: Bios, boot loader, splash screen, etc. So, it seems to think it is going to sleep, but can't wake up from whatever state it was in.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hello,

You would know me if I could install OSX on my Dell Latitude Lion 620 Intel core2, I'm thinking of upgrading to a golden moment two duo but I would try so. In case you can not, I imagine that if they could install it SL, a manual for this process?

I'm sorry my bad English

Thank you very much.

regards

UPDATE YA fixed :D :D

Installed the IO80211Family.kext.zip from here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=267408

Using Kext Helper form here: http://cheetha.net/

Unzip the kext file, launch Kext Helper, drag the kext into window. Put your password in and apply. Once done reboot (fingers crossed) and WIFI working :-)

Hope this helps someone else.

Is the kext useful for the Fixes in EDP? B)

Is the Kext Helper app useful for the Tools in EDP? B)

My card comes up as Third Party Wireless Card (as all these cards seem to unless they have been branded).

Cheers

Any help gratefully excepted and appreciated :-)

My first hackintosh and every things gone very well:

D620 Nvidia Graphics (1440 x 900) Core2Duo 2ghz. 2gb RAM.

Used install guide here and all went well. Using correct latest BIOS from here. Used USB stick (myhack built) install of Lion using correct bootpack from here. Used EDP 2.2 and chameleon. All boots up fine every time and runs solid, screen and graphics drivers working, wired ethernet working (but strangely it runs as a bluetooth PAN in the network settings?), touchpad and everything else ok.

Problem is WIFI - originally when I did the install I had an Intel wifi card (I knew it wouldn't work but didn't have a Broadcom card at the time).

I bought two DW1395's of ebay but neither gets detected (switch in on on the side and on in the BIOS) - the laptop originally came with XP and intel wifi worked fine - so everything that connects the card is fine.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200557389405?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_623wt_1113

I have tried editing a plist file that I read about in another post in another forum - but that didn't help (even with -f when booting Lion in Chameleon)

You need to edit this file to add device id for your DW 1395:-
/System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext/Contents/Info.plist

This is what you need to add because it is not listed in original kext:-
<string>pci14e4,4315</string> 

What am I doing wrong - their must be something I can do post install to get this working - do I need to rebrand the card? Are all DW1395's the same - or do I need a specific one?

Errors in log when booting below:

Feb 25 20:52:02 localhost UserEventAgent[11]: CaptiveNetworkSupport:CaptiveSCCopyWiFiDevices:388 WiFi Device Name == NULL
Feb 25 20:52:05 localhost UserEventAgent[11]: CaptiveNetworkSupport:CaptiveSCCopyWiFiDevices:388 WiFi Device Name == NULL
Feb 25 20:52:08 Simons-MacBook-Air com.apple.locationd[43]: ERROR,Time,351895928.007,Function,"_Apple80211* CLWifiService::createApple80211()",Apple80211GetIfListCopy failed, error -3903 (Unknown error: -3903) 

Thanks in advance

is it just me or is my D620 kind of slower in performance when running Lion vs. Snow Leopard? I'm just wondering if it's just a matter of configuring it differently or what or if this slowness is pretty much par for course and if there's a non-performance related incentive that convinces users to prefer Lion over Snow Leopard. I just really hate how much larger Snow Leopard's installer is compared to Lion's. Thanks!