Dell E6400/6500/M4400 Mavericks 10.9 GM

DaFOB

Now, I have on my dell latitude e6500 GM version of OSX Maverick. I don't know if my power button worked in DP's versions of Maverick, but in this GM, the power button doesn't work as in previous versions of OSX (10.6, 10.7 and 10.8). I think, it is something different with dsdt.aml file.

• Administrators

The DSDT is specific to the laptop, it is not part of Mavericks GM. As such, whatever DSDT file you used before would still be used with 10.9 GM. However, something in the DSDT may have stopped working with GM, so a different DSDT patch may be required.

If I compare size of my DSDT.aml file using in 10.8, 10.7... and DSDT.aml file from DaFOB's package Extra_10_9.zip, there are the same (I think  :))

But in this GM 10.9, after pushing power button, there are no action, and I don't know why, but it is not problem for me. Still can shut-down laptop using button on desktop up-left

I found it out how to make the power button working. It depends on kext file AppleACPIPlatform.kext. After installing this kext and next rebooting, power button of your e6400/e6500 will working. I used this kext from previous version of OSX.

Try this, and post your effect.

I can't seem to get the system to boot. I'm using a GUID partitioned hard disk. I made two partitions, Mavericks and MavericksInstaller, I made the Installer partition contain all of the proper installer files (built with myHack, and then added the Extras folder. I tried with the MBR patch but still no luck... I installed everything on my XPS a-ok but the Latitude e6400 simply restarts despite any of the boot flags GraphicsEnabler=0, -F -x -s -v. I also installed the latest chameleon using chameleon Wizard..

Any suggestions would be helpful.

This might have to do with the modified FakeSMC in my bootpack, as one of the other members Darvinko brought to my attention a few months back. I'll post a generic FakeSMC version later when I get the chance, but you can also search around for a generic FakeSMC.kext.

Thanks, I'll try that!

Edit:  Sadly no luck - I tried even deleting the FakeSMC and still no luck. Any other suggestions? I have the same problem when I tried using the installer I used to build my Mavericks XPS build- which isn't using your extra's folder at all... 

I originally had Snow Leopard installed on the machine, so I am assuming my machine's bios settings are correct. Any other pointers?

Much obliged,

Cheers,

Bren

well what's the error? efinvram? if so update your chameleon.

I'll take a look tonight. Typically it just reboots (even with -v) on. Also do you think it would make any difference using a Drive Bay instead of primary hdd slot? I've tried both un-successfully, but wondering if there is a better version. I'll check for the efi nvram issue tonight - I would have thought using the latest chameleon would resolve that kind of issue.

Thanks for your response!