Mavericks on E6410 nVidia

TheRealBigBudz

I am downloading OSX 10.9 Is there any instructions on how to get it to work. I was going to just  try upgrading or creating a boot install like 10.8.5. I will test it and see how it goes. 

You might try this:

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2674-dell-e64006500m4400-mavericks-109-gm/&do=findComment&comment=24165 and see how it goes for you

I am downloading OSX 10.9 Is there any instructions on how to get it to work. I was going to just try upgrading or creating a boot install like 10.8.5. I will test it and see how it goes.

I have a working installation method that I plan on posting tomorrow...

Hi everybody.

I'm using an e6410 for working and studying. At the moment i'm running windows 7 but i want to try out the new and now free available osx 10.9 mavericks. 

does it supports everything of my e6410 especially wifi and pointing devices? audio ect., and can i run it on an seperate partition, parallel to my windwos partition?

i'm new to this stuff and hope someone get me started!

Hi everybody.

I'm using an e6410 for working and studying. At the moment i'm running windows 7 but i want to try out the new and now free available osx 10.9 mavericks. 

does it supports everything of my e6410 especially wifi and pointing devices? audio ect., and can i run it on an seperate partition, parallel to my windwos partition?

i'm new to this stuff and hope someone get me started!

So far, from what I can tell from my testing, it does support everything we have gotten working so far. As for what's not working at the moment (SD Card reader & Sleep), I hope to do more testing over the weekend.

Like I said before, I know everyone's anxious, but I will try and post the guide to installing 10.9 ASAP. The good news is that it should be a bit easier and more straightforward than the Mountain Lion install :) .

• Like 1

Hi patel4prez,

thanks for you answer, but one question stay open.

Is it possible to run both OS's (OSX & Win7) on one maschine without having to much hacks to get it work?

i'm tense to read you install guide and get my Latitude Air running :)

Hi patel4prez,

thanks for you answer, but one question stay open.

Is it possible to run both OS's (OSX & Win7) on one maschine without having to much hacks to get it work?

i'm tense to read you install guide and get my Latitude Air running :)

Yes, it is possible to get a dual boot setup working on the E6410, however it may require a re-install of Windows to get it right. Basically, when you reach the step where you create the partitions in the installer, you'd create 2 partitions (with their own sizes, sized however you see fit) and then install OS X to the second partition (so that in the future, if you want to wipe OS X out and turn it into a Windows-only machine, you can simply delete the last partition and make the Windows one bigger :)) . After installing OS X, you'd install Windows to the first partition, boot using the OS X installation drive, and then reinstall Chameleon from myHack.

If this was too complicated for you, just let me know. I'll make a step-by-step later. I'm short on time right now, so I'm just trying to give you a general overview of what happens.

• Like 1

Hey,

i'm an it consultant and i'm using a lot of editors and programming tools. furthermore my windows 7 is a companie image with a lot of security policies and some certificates to vpn and email encryption. so it's not possible to reinstall windows. sure, the most important things are backuped, but this would only save me some hours but let me still stay on some days.

it is possible to split my drive into to partitions. then i can intall osx on the second one and let my win 7 partition where it is. to get my mbr table back, i would use a windows recover cd and select my first partition. after that i would install chameleon. 

is something near to this possible?

Hey,

i'm an it consultant and i'm using a lot of editors and programming tools. furthermore my windows 7 is a companie image with a lot of security policies and some certificates to vpn and email encryption. so it's not possible to reinstall windows. sure, the most important things are backuped, but this would only save me some hours but let me still stay on some days.

it is possible to split my drive into to partitions. then i can intall osx on the second one and let my win 7 partition where it is. to get my mbr table back, i would use a windows recover cd and select my first partition. after that i would install chameleon. 

is something near to this possible?

What you want to do is add another HDD.  Personally, I have a Crucial m4 128gb holding OSX, and a 500gb holding linux, windows 7, and downloads from OSX.

You can buy a caddy for the e6410 optical drive for under 20$ on ebay.

EDIT: You may also want to keep the company windows drive in the optical bay if you think you are going to use the OSX side more.  I am not sure if there is a speed difference, although I hope the SATA controllers are the same for CD / HDD