Mavericks on E6410 with Intel HD graphics

Hervé

If you're referring to the one in the 2nd response there, it didn't end up working for me.  I was hoping the 64 bit one that was found via google might be a good alternative, unless it's the same one.

To clarify, I put it on the usb boot stick I was using in /extra, and ran myfix, and also tried putting it directly on the hackintosh in /extra and ran myfix (Both times as full), and osx still doesn't seem to find the ethernet adapter.

Did you open up System Preferences -> Network, -> wait for the confirmation message -> and hit Apply?

I've gone in there, but never get a confirmation message...I have two things on the left "Firewire" and "Bluetooth PAN".  My Status is Not Connected.. when I go through assist me, and click on diagnostics, ethernet and wi-fi are grayed out. I bought a broadcom 4312 wireless card, too.. but am having no luck there either.  I just tried a fresh re-install (it seemed to just do it over the top) and still no luck.

Some combination of installing Chameleon and running myfix a few times, and now the ethernet port is detected.  I'll fool around with the wifi card a bit.

Regarding the earlier post, unchecking "use kernel cache" allows me to boot with out typing -f each time. 

Got mavericks installed in my system After the install & post-install, I shut down the computer and removed the USB stick and got a boot 0 error.  I was able to boot  into OS X with the USB stick inserted and the "-f" bootflag.  I tried using myHack to Install Chameleon to my partition and that still gave the boot 0 error and also installed the latest chameleon r2266 and still got boot 0 error

just tried that and still got the same error. this is a spare drive with just mavericks installed, i have another hdd with mountain lion and windows 7 and it works without any problems 

Update 

noticed something new when installing from osx i get this message 

Installing file system loader...

Flushing boot sector...

Warning: Cannot flush boot sector on mounted volumes

Installing disk loader...

Device partition type is GPT...

Flagging first partition as active...

Installing partition loader...

Verifying partition loader...

Partition loader verified.

but when installing from the installation usb i get 

ERROR: could not find valid partition table on device /dev/disk0s2

OK thanks anyway Patel and Congrats on making it to Admin/Crew status. I finally made the plunge and installed Maverick with the usual Intel issues...one question, has anyone managed to get a 6410 with Intel gpu running on Mavericks at all. Compared to the functionality we had on Mountain Lion.

I do not want to be an idiot by asking a question that has been asked 100 times so far. But most response here I think are for people who knows what they are doing and as such cause noobs like my self to ask questions that are sometimes unesassary.

I just wish the people who find fixes would take the time to explain in detail how to apply fixes to the extent that you take time to make your process as idiot proof as possible.

• Moderators

Hi,

So here's how to get Mavericks on E6410 with Intel Graphics only.

I'm assuming you have read patel4prez's guide fully and so will not be detailing the entire process.

1) Build your USB Installer, remove the following files from SLE ( I moved them to a folder so I could restore them for other builds):

AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext

AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext

AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA.plugin

AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLDriver.bundle

AppleIntelHDGraphicsVADriver.bundle

2) Install this bootpack using myHack ( Install Extra) Extra-E6410_Mav.zip

3) That's it. You should be able to boot without any issue and complete the build. 

:excl: Please note that you won't have full graphics acceleration, only Core Image. 

• Like 3