Hello,

I'm trying to install MacOS on my work laptop alongside with windows 8.1 which is required for my work; i prefer to use MAC as always ;-)

My laptop Specs is:

Processor Type     Core i5
Processor Model     i5-4300U
Processor Speed     1.90 GHz
Memory     8Gb
Intel Graphics

Complete specs can be found from : http://www.pcworld.com/product/1407620/dell-latitude-15-5000-e5540-notebook.html

The fact is that; i've already downloaded 10.9.2 from my actual mac and want to proceed securely.

Can you please guide me to do that as from what i've read from this forum; its something which needs attention.

Do i have to use specific set of drivers for this install?

Looking forward for your reply.

Regards

Mehsar

• Moderators

Hello,

I'm trying to install MacOS on my work laptop alongside with windows 8.1 which is required for my work; i prefer to use MAC as always ;-)

My laptop Specs is:

Processor Type     Core i5

Processor Model     i5-4300U

Processor Speed     1.90 GHz

Memory     8Gb

Intel Graphics

Complete specs can be found from : http://www.pcworld.com/product/1407620/dell-latitude-15-5000-e5540-notebook.html

The fact is that; i've already downloaded 10.9.2 from my actual mac and want to proceed securely.

Can you please guide me to do that as from what i've read from this forum; its something which needs attention.

Do i have to use specific set of drivers for this install?

Looking forward for your reply.

Regards

Mehsar.

Have you looked at this thread

I've included a bootpack to try. 

To get more info on how to build your USB installer and troubleshooting, start here http://myhack.sojugarden.com/guide/

Please add your system config to your signature file, include resolution, bios version, cpu...see mine as example.

If you get stuck, then post error here and we'll help. 

• Like 1

Hello,

i've read the documentation and prepared the USB; but at the end it hasn't asked me for an extra folder(to add the downloaded bootpack) as prescribed in the documentation.

I've tried 2 times but the process just finished and nothing more.

Do i copy the bootpack folder to the USB?

Regards

Mehsar

Hello,

I've followed as been asked, but now, i'm faced with "Ebios Read Error".

I\ve tried swithching from AHCI to RAID ==> Dont work

Disable DVD Drive ==> Dont work

Can you please guide me what to try next?

Regards

Mehsar

• Moderators

Hello,

I've followed as been asked, but now, i'm faced with "Ebios Read Error".

I\ve tried swithching from AHCI to RAID ==> Dont work

Disable DVD Drive ==> Dont work

Can you please guide me what to try next?

Regards

Mehsar

Put back to AHCI, boot with -v, that should get you pass the error

• Like 1

Hello,

I've tried the -v switch; and it got pass the error, moving on to read files from the USB. All moves on until; it has finished the reading and out of a jiffy the laptop restarts and i dont even have the time to read if there's an error or not.

Clue?

Thank you in advance :|

Regards

Mehsar

• Moderators

Hello,

I've tried the -v switch; and it got pass the error, moving on to read files from the USB. All moves on until; it has finished the reading and out of a jiffy the laptop restarts and i dont even have the time to read if there's an error or not.

Clue?

Thank you in advance :|

Regards

Mehsar

Try replacing SSDT with this one in Extra, rename it to SSDT.aml and remove the existing one. SSDT-i5-4300u.aml.zip

If this is Haswell CPU, you need the patched kernel. Do a search for it on the forum, it's been posted several times.

The patched kernel is already in the boot pack in Extra. Boot.plist is configure to load from there.

• Like 1