D820 Nvidia - Panic @ Lion Installer

Hey, that one worked! Thank you both of you!

The only catch was that I had to connect an external mouse to get rid of the "turn on your keyboard" animation. But now I'm installing, thumbs up! Here's hoping everything runs smoothly from now on. :-P  

• Administrators

That keyboard/mouse issue is usually due to the presence of a bluetooth adapter. The recommendation is to disable it initially in BIOS and only activate it when the OS has been fully installed. The BT setttings can then be configured not to look for a bluetooth keyboard & mouse.

Yeah, I know about the bluetooth thing - I've disabled the BT wizard now.

It seems everything is working except sleep. Standby works (closing the lid), but if the screen blacks out it won't turn back on. Worked around it by disabling sleep. The "new" battery in my shelf wasn't as good as I hoped anyway (around 2 minutes...) ;)

• Administrators

The screen wake problem is a known issue that affects NVS 110M/120M-based Dell Latitude D models. Best workaround is to align it screen sleep with computer sleep to avoid black screen on screen wake. An "on the fly" fix consists of pressing Fn-ESC on screen wake to put computer to sleep and then wake the computer immediately. Screen then wakes properly.