Asus UX31A - help needed for battery management + audio

qfreddie

Hi

I would require a DSDT patch - even sponsored - for my Asus Zenbook UX31A, with the following specs:

Asus UX31A / bios v219 (latest)

CPU: i7 3517U / HM76

Video: Intel HD 4000, 1920x1080

Audio: ALC269

SSD 256GB

4GB ram

I am running Yosemite 10.10.2 in a dualboot with Windows 7 with Clover EFI, GPT partition.

Unfortunately i have issues with battery drain (percentage shows) and audio.

My wifi + BT card will arrive in 2-3 day: Azurewave Dell Killer BCM4352

If i missed anything, just tell.

TY

What's the problem with the battery indicator? Percentage charge indicator is something you can hide through the Finder bar icon. No DSDT patch involved...

Hi. Maybe it was confusing, but i wanted to say that i have battery drain issues, but the percentage is detected and works. Under Yosemite the battery time is like 25 - 30% less than under Windows 7. Could be CPU or other power setting. I don't know.

Is the patch possible for this laptop?

Of course, i would prefere a full patch (DSDT + kext or whatever) that i can apply to a vanilla OS X in case i upgrade or reinstall. The infos i added just to represent some status that i am in.

Hi

Meantime i found a ZIP on another website what seems to work better that the one i had, but still having issues:

Not working: Audio (ALC269)

Issues: battery drain and / or no CPU edits were added

Link to ZIP: ASUS Clover.zip

Again: I am running Yosemite 10.10.2 in a dualboot with Windows 7 with Clover EFI, GPT partition. The attached ZIP was used on a vanilla install.

Question 1: if i go to "About this Mac" menu, why my CPU is listed as 2,3GHZ? Same thing as above?

Question 2: CPU turbo is working or not under OSX?

TY

• Administrators

You battery drain issue could be due to lack of proper CPU power management.

3 things to consider/check/deploy:

. the use of a suitable/recent FakeSMC kext

. generation of a CPU-specific SSDT file (for Turbo boost + intermediary CPU multipliers)

. use of HWMonitor tool to monitor CPU speed stepping/power management

. generation of a CPU-specific SSDT file

Suggestions on this one? What is the best guide or to-do for this?

Is it enough to fill the fields in clover.plist for the CPU section?

Secondly: what about audio?

The thing is with audio, that the "AppleHDA269.kext" from the ZIP linked above was working under Yosemite but with another Clover + Kexts setup, i just don't know what the difference is / was. It even worked after sleep. But since i reinstalled yosemite to apply the above ZIP on a vanilla enviroment (i had way too much trials and errors on the old one) it does not work. This is why i am confused.

VoodooHDA - i read on forums that the AppleHDA is way more recommended, as voodoo is noisy and buggy. Of course you cannot know till you try, but since AppleHDA worked at some point, i would not give up that easy.

Finally audio works: i added AudioAUUC.kext and IOAudioFamily.kext to the SLE and all works as it should. This was the key :)

All is left to config the CPU. I installed HWmonitor. it shows 36-38C for all 4 cores in idle, frequancy is 8x 792, CPU package cores 0.32W, CPU package total: 2.24 W

This is all idle BTW

And HWmonitor shows 88% for the battery, while in the status bar 92% - this is weird.