E6400 OS X 10.11 DP Installation

krzysztofc10

Just updated to OS X 10.11 El Capitan Beta 2 via software update.   All went fine EXCEPT Wern's patched AppleHDA.kext that had previously worked in the first El Capitan release works no longer.    Upon restart, I immediately thought that the Beta 2 update replaced the patched kext however when checking the Extension folder the patched version noted by the purple dot to the right was still present.   I then returned both the VoodooHDA.kext v2.7.3 also patched for the IDT 92HD71B7 Audio codec as well as the latest AppleHDADisabler.kext to the "Other" kext folder in Clover, rebooted and Audio returned to function once again.

post-56137-0-45985100-1435152413_thumb.jpg

Hi! 

Could You Gpatpandp post Your's Extra folder witd kexts and DSDT to 10.11 beta 1? . I have problem. I tried Herve this dsdt and yes It was success with bootflag rootless=0 Installation just start. But when I tried another time boot from my USB instalation it wasn't success. Just stopped to Waiting for root device. I don't change anything.... only one chance....

I can't install this... Because It hangs on Apple logo when I tried to boot instalation.  Error in verbose mode is "Still waiting for root device" Tried dsdt that Herve post and only one time It pass Waiting for root. 

Man you solve my problem! I've just change USB port and OSX Installation boot without any problems! :) THANKS!

Hi! 

Could You Gpatpandp post Your's Extra folder witd kexts and DSDT to 10.11 beta 1? . I have problem. I tried Herve this dsdt and yes It was success with bootflag rootless=0 Installation just start. But when I tried another time boot from my USB instalation it wasn't success. Just stopped to Waiting for root device. I don't change anything.... only one chance....

Just returning back to my e6400 after leaving it be once Clover lost functionality about a month ago.   Now that Clover is fixed, I reinstalled OS X 10.11 DP 1 and updated all the way to the El Capitan DP 8 OS X 10.11 (15A279b) that was just released yesterday.   I am using the same files/kexts as before save one additional change not mentioned previously in my config.plist.   Upon installing one DP update (I believe it was DP 3), I lost total USB functionality and the fix was to revert to a MacBookPro3,1 SMBIOS configuration.   I googled it and found the appropriate settings.   I am not certain that change is necessary any longer but quite frankly I could care less what model my Latitude e6400 reports itself as.   It's now back to full operational status and since DP 8 is likely the last preview before the final release, it now appears likely that this old laptop will again be able to stay current OS X system wise.

post-56137-0-25332700-1441139724_thumb.jpg