E6320 Yosemite: A Couple of Issues

utendar

Hi all,

After following Jake's guide I was able to successfully install Yosemite on a Latitude E6320. However I am having a few minor issues:

Trackpad right click does not work (automatically act as control-click). I connected a USB mouse and still no right click. I followed the same build process on a 6420 and right click worked there so the issue appear to be my installation/settings

USB mouse middle wheel scrolling is reversed as in Windows, is this normal?

Web cam not working but microphone/audio is fine.

I've updated OS X to 10.10.4 and reinstalled the .kext files in Jake's guide but the issues persist.

Thank you.

• Moderators

See Hervé's guide here for this very model. it's for Mavericks, but try the keyboard/mouse kext from his bootpack. It also mentioned that webcam is an issue for that model depending on chipset it has that might or not be supported.

• Administrators

Re: webcam, I never got to the bottom of this as I'm relying on E6320 owners feedback on hardware device ids. If you could provide your webcam ids (visible in the Sys Profiler), that'd be appreciated.

Jake/Herve,

Thank you for your responses.

About the trackpad/mouse, I just figured out that right click actually does work after system reboot but only for a few minutes then it stops working. I tried Herve's kext and it is showing the same behavior; ditto with middle button scroll.

Here's the camera info from System Profiler:

Laptop_Integrated_Webcam_HD:

Model ID: UVC Camera VendorID_3141 ProductID_25651

Unique ID: 0x1a1500000c456433

• Administrators

Ok, so that's Vendor 0x0c45 / Device 0x6433, i.e. the Sonix HD Webcam as in my E6320 guide.

If you could extract your raw DSDT + raw IOReg and post them, we might be able to get that webcam to work. Which DSDT are you using right now?