Refined ALPS TouchPad driver

Dr. Hurt

• Administrators

I'd say Speed is definitely Ok with beta10. Though and on double checking with the other versions too, movement to the right seems slower than the other directions. Major issues of UP/LEFT movement unchanged... Maybe something to do with a filter with right movement.

This being said, since I never use trackstick, it's not a problem for me and I'm definitely sticking to this driver for my Latitude laptops.

Many thanks for your efforts!

• Moderators

R4Beta10

Both left and right trackstick mouse is working now. thanks. The middle button, I'm not sure since I couldn't get scrolling to work with it. Usually holding the middle and pushing trackstick up and down will scrolling up and down.

Switching from trackstick back to touchpad is still an obstacle. Had to move both trackstick and touchpad together and eventually touchpad will work again.

Trackstick movement is still erratic, same as previous versions. The speed is much better going up and down, but moving to right is a bit slow. Still not able to move around freely. Only goes up, down, right and left but in some weird movement as seen in Hervé's videos.

I've tried lots of Alps touchpad kext floating around and haven't found 1 that would enable my trackpad. Would your Alp's driver be able to work on my system somehow ?  I tried it but got nothing ?

Any help would be much appreciated 
Thanks 

Hp elitebook 810 g2 El-cap 10.11.6

HP810G2ElitebookRevolve.ioreg.ioreg.zip 

Here's all I know about it
compatible : ALP000B ALP0100 ALP0002 PNP0F13      = ioreg
name: <"ALP000B">

PNP0303
Hp probook-87
HPQ8001

----------------------------------
AlpsPS/2 Alps dual point stick      =linux 1     ?  It doesn't have a track stick.
Isa0060/serio3/input1

vendor =0002 product=0008 version=0700
alpsps/2 alps dual point touchpad

---------------------------------
model alpsps/2                 =linux 2
vendor 0x0002 
device 0x0008
compatible to : int 0x021 0x003
alps
--------------------------

Tested almost all versions, but just works the keyboard, but neither trackstick and trackpad aren't detected on Latitude 6430u.

ALPS Device with ID E7=0x73 0x03 0x0a, EC=0x88 0x08 0x22

Hope you could fix this issue...

Cheers!