Trouble installing Yosemite on Dell Latitude E5450

dtrb

I was just looking the system over yesterday and it seems to be running a little hot.  I noticed that the Processor info is gone from About This Mac.  I have an i5-5300U proc, realtek alc3234/3, and Intel USB 3.0 extensible host controller.  Should I use the Realtec kexts from HVT?  Where can I get support for the CPU and USB 3.0?  Is there anything else I'm missing?  Do I need drivers for the free-fall sensor, etc?  

• Moderators

I was just looking the system over yesterday and it seems to be running a little hot.  I noticed that the Processor info is gone from About This Mac.  I have an i5-5300U proc, realtek alc3234/3, and Intel USB 3.0 extensible host controller.  Should I use the Realtec kexts from HVT?  Where can I get support for the CPU and USB 3.0?  Is there anything else I'm missing?  Do I need drivers for the free-fall sensor, etc?  

-Under CPU type of Config.plist add 0x0606, use Clover Configuration to add it, it's easier. 

-Realtek alc3234 is ALC293 I think. You could verify by dumping the codec from linux or use DPCIManager, show under Status. Kext is not available in HVT. 

-USB 3.0 should be supported but not 100%. It's patched with the DSDT I attached. 

-Does the SD card reader work? Send me the ioregistry 

-Free fall sensor I think is for mechanical drives only, no need for SSD or micro SSD

I see here that you were able to get a Dell 1560 wifi card, does that work in OS X natively?

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/8113-ngff-m2-dw1560-wireless-card/?p=50779

You'll need to install these kexts to /S/L/E

FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2

FakePCIID

BTFirmwareUploader v2.8.5. Only works up to 10.10.5. Need to sort out USB ports to fix the bluetooth on 10.11...

Also, hey, how did you get Yosemite on the XPS13?  All I have found is your link for Mavericks.

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/7334-dell-xps-13-l321x-mavericks-1095/&do=findComment&comment=43788

Off topic, but see here. Bootpack in post #4. Make sure to use the MBR patch and format disk with MBR

• Moderators

That's the file for HDMI, not audio

Try the following. It should read something like Codec: Realtek ALCxxxx on the header.

cat /proc/asound/card1/codec#0 > ~/Desktop/codec_dump.txt

or

cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#1 > ~/Desktop/codec_dump.txt

• Moderators

Yeah, that's the same as mine. Try this patch by Joe82. Install both to /S/L/E

Add this to your Config.plist under KextToPatch

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>AppleHDA ALC 293 #1</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
hBnUEQ==