[SOLVED] Dell Inspiron 15 7548: Cloned HS partition on SSD can only be booted through boot menu (F12)

bonejoev

Hello Everyone,

I installed macOS Sierra about 6 months ago on a standard HD, was running fine then I decided to upgrade to a Samsung 840 SSD, used "carbon copy" and cloned my HD onto the new SSD using a USB cable, everything seemed to have gone well and when I inserted the new SSD drive and booted the laptop, it stated that I don't have a bootable drive, but when I hit F12 while booting I'm able to see the SSD and I'm able to select it and boot. I've searched forums to find out why this happens still have not come across an answer. so every time I boot up the laptop I have to quickly press F12 to see the boot list and then select the SSD. can anyone provide me with some assistance to fix this?. I'm very happy with this "hackbook air early 2015" but pressing F12 every time you're booting it can be very tedious. any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Thank you guys, Jake, that’s exactly what I need after cloning, I installed clover with the same settings. Now you said to go into bios setting and create a new boot option and point it to .../clover/cloverX64.efi, and how do I go about it? I pretty much tried everything like disabling the boot security etc.