E6220 Guide for High Sierra

mariolasagna

• Administrators

There are several guides for Sierra. Here or here for instance.

For High Sierra, you'll need Clover because Chameleon/Enoch do not support 10.13's temporary-partition installation. Same for the updates. But Chameleon/Enoch do boot and run High Sierra without issues. that's how I run it and I use my Clover USB installer whenever there's a High Sierra update to install. Other than that, installation is the same as per previous OS X/macOS versions.

Here's the Clover EFI folder I use on my 10.13.1 USB installer set with Clover r4081. BIOS runs in legacy mode.

EFI_E6220.zip

No problem updating to 10.13.3 and booting the temporary update-completion partition with that same USB installer.

Herve, that worked perfectly!!! I was able to install in two machines E6220 without any issues. I had opted to High Sierra + Clover + your EFI package. There is only one issue regarding the boot. I installed Clover in the HD and copied back the EFI folder, etc. However, every time I boot the system I get stuck on the Apple screen logo even before it starts loading. 

I accessed Clover boot options and added a -v, and that worked. Without -v it freezes, with -v the boot process works fine. 

Weird right? -v is just the verbose mode, I'm not really changing any config parameter!!

Any thoughts?

Thank you for your help.

Mario.