• Announcements

• Hervé

April 2018: New Forum !   04/06/18

We've migrated to an upgraded board and now have a new forum. We hope you'll like it. Whilst we took every step to ensure no loss of data and/or feature, we may have missed a few things and glitches may occur. Should you encounter a problem, please create a new thread in Feedback section of the forum, where we will endeavour to report on the follow-up until the issue is fixed. Thanks. OSXL Crew
henweigh

Lenovo Thinkstation

I am currently trying to get a bootable USB for a Levano Thinkstation c30.  The system is a dual cpu system with two six core 2630 xeon processors which I would like to get working. The system has a c600/x79 series chipset with Nvidia GF106 and a Nvidia Quadro 2000D video card.

I have yet to get it completely boot in to OSX, but I think the system should work as soon as I get the issues worked out with the bootup stalling at around AMFILoadTrustedKeysFromNVRam: failed getting NVRAM.

I know that most of the steps have the resources I need, but the MB isn't a choice so I just used HP.  In the mean time any pointers on getting it setup would be most appreciated.

what type of install are you using UEFI or legacy? Which version os MacOS are you trying to install? your graphics might not be supported on the most recent OS releases.

I am trying to do UEFI only High Sierra 10.13.3 install with the files provided on the Rampage Dev site for Dual CPU systems. The Thinkstation C30 however, only has partial support utilizing the current the configuration available.

Unfortunately I have not had any luck in my attempt to even make a bootable USB for my C30, but that doesn't mean I will quit trying.  While the Dual CPU DMG is the closest thing I have found to a theoretical working solution, it still fails by either getting stuck at a certain point or a kernel panic.  I have tried several combinations, but thus far have not found anything that will work to get it complete booting from a USB.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.