[SOLVED] E7450 (Optimus) - miniDP issues

roniez

I have gotten the mac OS High Sierra 10.13.3 installed successfully with the help of Jake Lo and crew.

and following the guide on the forum.

However the guide says minidp is working but for me its not.

When i connect a minidp to dp cable to the port the laptop screen starts to react like it should activate a 2nd screen or mirror.

Same thing happens on the monitor it reads an input from the cable and turns on but after 5 seconds the screen on the laptop will act like the cable is being disconnected and flicker again and it starts the process over.

Does anybody have any clue where to look to solve this? 

MiniDP works perfectly for me, even I am using MacBookAir7,2 without that patch. I just played Youtube video over both MiniDP and HDMI. Connects instantly on both and sound works without any problem.

If you need any of my files for review, just let me know.

• Like 1

I am little paranoid about my serials, so I changed all of them first, since I didn't know that they are masked. At the end turns out that it actually was a good call, since manually entered ROM value in RtVariables is not masked. :)

You can find debug archive in attachment. If you need anything else, just let me know.

debug_8574.zip

manually entered ROM value in RtVariables is not masked. :)

https://github.com/black-dragon74/OSX-Debug/commit/8100217170515ae0f5d639143992479b0bf5e2ec#diff-53ffc37bb1e59b082cc415c39ede2a99R345

Pay close attention to line 345. This feature was added in version 2.0 and I can see that you are running the latest. Can you please point me where exactly is are the values left unmasked?

Regards