[SOLVED] Dell 6430u Webcam Issue

srcubano

Hi All,

I've been back and forth through forums, and am kind of at a loss, because I'm not sure where to proceed. I am currently running a Dell 6430u laptop, with Sierra. As far as I can tell everything else is working fine, but I can't get the webcam to be recognized. It was at one point working, and recognized, but I needed to do a reinstall of Sierra, and now the camera is not detected or working. I worked off of Jake Lo's Clover Guide for the set up. I ended up re-creating the key and working my way up back up from the beginning, but still to no avail. Anyone have any thoughts or ideas on what could be causing it not to be seen?

Any info would be great. Thanks.

• Administrators

Webcam are internal USB connected on those laptops and will work OOB when/if supported. If the camera worked before and no longer does under Sierra, then your USB ports are probably not all recognised. Make sure you've applied the usual ACPI patches (renaming of EHCx devices to EH0x) and installed a USB injector kext.

If you want further assistance, please post a zipped copy of your Clover EFI folder so that your settings can be examined.

Hi All,

Thanks for the prompt follow ups. In ensuring this wasn't a hardware issue, I tested running ubuntu from a flash drive with this laptop, and tested the webcam. This was picked up no problem. I then proceeded with Jake Lo's suggestion in adding the following: FakePCIID & FakePCIID_XHCIMux. Unfortunately this did not seem to work. As well, based on what Hervé had stated it seem as the acpi were already renamed. However, to be on the safe side, I've attached a zip of my clover folder. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks again.

CLOVER.zip

Not intentional. When I check the patched folder, the file is definitely name SSDT-2.aml. If it is reading .2 in the string, would that affect this? How would I go about changing this or is it a matter of re-downloading the bootpack for this model laptop, and replacing that aml?

• Administrators

Arf! :mrgreen: You simply edit the entry in your Clover config.plist. Either through a text editor or Clover Configurator app (ACPI tab). But I don't think this is the cause of your issue because that table appears CPU power related...

Thanks Hervé for that. I was able to find what Jake Lo had mentioned, and fix that with Clover Configurator. Though, it seems you were correct, this did not correct the situation, and was most likely not related. My assumption has been that there must be another kext conflicting with this from working, but as Sierra isn't even recognizing the camera in system report under camera, or usb it must be something else.

In re-reading Hervé's post from earlier, I found rehabman's most current usbinjectall kext, and installed this. After a restart, the camera is now working. I have since restarted a few times, and the camera continues to work.

Thanks for the help both of you. It's been greatly appreciated.