ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

Hi, this is what i get with the command "cat /proc/bus/input/devices"

"SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad"

You can check this in the attached file

Hi, this is what i get with the command "cat /proc/bus/input/devices"

"SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad"

You can check this in the attached file

You have Synaptics touchpad but my driver is only for Elan. For synaptics, try VoodooPS2Controller driver which has support.

Guest seppdepp

Where is intertia scrolling feature? (V4 - Asus Zenbook)

Inertial scrolling doesn't work with this kext. (Works fine with my touch enabled mouse (Logitech T400)) 

Where is intertia scrolling feature? (V4 - Asus Zenbook)

Inertial scrolling doesn't work with this kext. (Works fine with my touch enabled mouse (Logitech T400)) 

Sorry I did not implement that feature in my driver yet. I'll take a look at in future release for now its not there in my driver.  If you are asking about two finger scrolling which is also related with it then for this to work you have to change Scrolling speed at Trackpad settings once after installing my kext.

Hi Team. The Touch pad is the only thing left to fix on my Dell Precision M4600.

I installed the ElanTouchpad 2.1.3 according to the instructions provided but no results on the Touch Pad.

I am missing a configurations Step?

Thanks for the Great Work.

ML 10.8.2 Running on

Dell Precision M4600

4 G Ram

329 HDD

Nvidia Graphics

Intel Ethernet

Intel Wireless Chip replace with Dell Wireless 1510 BCM 

Hi Team. The Touch pad is the only thing left to fix on my Dell Precision M4600.

I installed the ElanTouchpad 2.1.3 according to the instructions provided but no results on the Touch Pad.

I am missing a configurations Step?

Thanks for the Great Work.

ML 10.8.2 Running on

Dell Precision M4600

4 G Ram

329 HDD

Nvidia Graphics

Intel Ethernet

Intel Wireless Chip replace with Dell Wireless 1510 BCM 

Do you have Elan touchpad in your notebook? My driver is only for Elan touchpad of v3 and v4 hardware.

Hello. I'm new to this forum, so please...if I do something completely wrong, forgive me :D

I have an Acer Aspire 5750g with Elan touchpad.

When I follow your install notes, my keyboard and touchpad stop functioning.

I delete Apple PS2 Controller, AppleACPIPS2Nub, ApplePS2 Keyboard from System\Library\Extensions, then I install the kexts with kext utility and restart.

After restarting, the keyboard and touchpad are not working.

What am I doing wrong?

In Windows 7 it says it's an Elan touchpad, and I can use an Elan touchpad kext, which I found with this Install notes : 

To install this you have to remove the Apple PS2 Mouse and Trackpad Kexts from the Apple PS2 Controller kext ->Plugins.

Here's the Elan touchpad kext that IS working : http://www41.zippyshare.com/v/34150293/file.html

It sees as a Touchpad inside Lion, I can use two finger scrolling, but I would love to have the gestures described in the first post.