ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

Hello. I'm new to this forum, so please...if I do something completely wrong, forgive me :D

I have an Acer Aspire 5750g with Elan touchpad.

When I follow your install notes, my keyboard and touchpad stop functioning.

I delete Apple PS2 Controller, AppleACPIPS2Nub, ApplePS2 Keyboard from System\Library\Extensions, then I install the kexts with kext utility and restart.

After restarting, the keyboard and touchpad are not working.

What am I doing wrong?

In Windows 7 it says it's an Elan touchpad, and I can use an Elan touchpad kext, which I found with this Install notes : 

Here's the Elan touchpad kext that IS working : http://www41.zippyshare.com/v/34150293/file.html

It sees as a Touchpad inside Lion, I can use two finger scrolling, but I would love to have the gestures described in the first post.

You need to delete other kexts like VoodooPS2 if you are using it before, and also my old ElanTouchpad kexts then reinstall with kext utility. If you still have issues then send me your system log after boot from Console app.

Hello, 

i have the elan touchpad v4 and i tried to install 2.1.3 Lion Edition on 10.7.5.

(Deleted old kext's before installing: ApplePS2Controller, AppleACPIPS2Nub)

But sadly my kernel.log says:

kxld[com.apple.AppleACPIPS2Nub]: The Mach-O file is malformed: Invalid segment type in MH_KEXT_BUNDLE kext: 42.

Can't load kext com.apple.AppleACPIPS2Nub - link failed.

Failed to load executable for kext com.apple.AppleACPIPS2Nub.

Kext com.apple.AppleACPIPS2Nub failed to load (0xdc008016).

Failed to load kext com.apple.AppleACPIPS2Nub (error 0xdc008016).

Any ideas?

Seems like dependencies issue. I'll try to compile kext again for lion and let you know.

Hello, 

i have the elan touchpad v4 and i tried to install 2.1.3 Lion Edition on 10.7.5.

(Deleted old kext's before installing: ApplePS2Controller, AppleACPIPS2Nub)

But sadly my kernel.log says:

kxld[com.apple.AppleACPIPS2Nub]: The Mach-O file is malformed: Invalid segment type in MH_KEXT_BUNDLE kext: 42.

Can't load kext com.apple.AppleACPIPS2Nub - link failed.

Failed to load executable for kext com.apple.AppleACPIPS2Nub.

Kext com.apple.AppleACPIPS2Nub failed to load (0xdc008016).

Failed to load kext com.apple.AppleACPIPS2Nub (error 0xdc008016).

Any ideas?

You need to delete other kexts like VoodooPS2 if you are using it before, and also my old ElanTouchpad kexts then reinstall with kext utility. If you still have issues then send me your system log after boot from Console app.

I deleted everything you mentioned but still, it's not working.

Here is system.log from the Console.app

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uk2ywstfrngxh3w/systemlog.rar

Thank you very much for your work and help :)

Hi thank you very much. it works great on my laptop.

One quick question: Does anyone know how to disable ONLY the top edge swipe?  because my Touchpad is too small for this feature to not affect normal usage.

You can disable top edge swipe by giving a value in plist file more than 9 which is 10 becoz for that value I did not assign any functions so it will not work.