Bluetooth Firmware Uploader

EMlyDinEsH

BCM94352 - Azureware AW-CE123H

If only there was a solution to enable 5Ghz Dual stream ....

I can make a binary patch driver.

I do not have Azureware AW-CE123H, so beta testers needed.

To begin, make a full report using DarwinDumper:

https://bitbucket.org/blackosx/darwindumper/downloads

Update:

I made ​​a binary patch for the activation of a range of 5GHz on Broadcom BCM94352HMB.

Test my patch:

http://www.tonycrapx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2-25.html#post772083

I just bought the Asus BT-400, and I can't seem to get this to work.  I copied the kext to /System/Library/Extensions, repaired permissions, rebuilt the cache, and rebooted.  It looks like the kext is loaded, however I still can't seem to find the bluetooth device.

I'm really hoping to be able to use this with my keyboard.

Thanks.

I made ​​a binary patch for the activation of a range of 5GHz on Broadcom BCM94352HMB.

To all following this thread,

I took the plunge and updated my Sony SE2 to 19.9.2, it took a little bit more work than the usual combo updates but once 10.9.2 was installed, WiFi and bluetooth continued to function as per my last post.

I have now applied Skvo's patch and can confirm that WiFi is now working correctly (both 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz) and I am getting full dual channel link speeds. As of now my Card is 100%, BT4.0 and full WiFi - very happy and pleased with this card now.

A big thank you to Toledia, EMlyDinEsH and Skyo for the final solution, it never ceases to amaze me how determined and dedicated the hackongtosh community is, solving this issue has been possible by the effort of everyone involved and goes to show the power of an open development community, things actually get fixed .....

To Summarise my final solution :-

PID=0x3403 VID=0x13d3 - BCM94352 - Azureware AW-CE123H

Install following kext's:-

Apply Skvo's patch, rebuild system caches reboot - Done

Update: I created a step by step guide for installing this card, see here.

Cheers

Jay

85271d1393642655-guide-airport-pcie-half

I can make a binary patch driver.

I do not have Azureware AW-CE123H, so beta testers needed.

To begin, make a full report using DarwinDumper:

https://bitbucket.org/blackosx/darwindumper/downloads

Update:

Test my patch:

http://www.tonycrapx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2-25.html#post772083

Thanks for your fix, I've updated your patch details in my thread too. Also i've made a hex patch (30 6B 10 00 00 75 - > 30 6B 10 00 00 74) to detect the card as Apple card instead of third party wireless.

I just bought the Asus BT-400, and I can't seem to get this to work.  I copied the kext to /System/Library/Extensions, repaired permissions, rebuilt the cache, and rebooted.  It looks like the kext is loaded, however I still can't seem to find the bluetooth device.

I'm really hoping to be able to use this with my keyboard.

Thanks.

Are you using my v2.3? Let me see your system log and ioreg file with my kext installed so i can help you.

@EMlyDinEsH - Further Info

After a bit more experimentation I found that by using both kext's in the above configuration, it is possible to get a working solution of sorts.

• Install both BCM4352.kext and V2.3 of BTFirmwareUploader.kext (FW=3)
  • On initial cold boot BTFirmwareUpdater will fail to upload BT firmware.
  • After cold boot disable bluetooth using icon menu, right click.
  • Put system to sleep.
  • On wake BTBluetoothFirmwareUploader seems to work correctly and uploads the correct firmware.

After this both bluetooth 4.0 and Wifi are working correctly, until next power down

Not perfect but so very close . . . 

Let me know if there is anything else I can test/debug for you.

Cheers

Jay

Update: sometimes it works ok on a cold boot (both kext appear to run ok during osx load), I have not changed anything since the above update but now sometimes BT4 and WiFI seem to be working perfect cold booting OSX using both your kext and BCM4352. I have attached a new archive with ioreg and system_profile.

Not sure whats going on and why sometimes it works now, perhaps the kext's are loading at different times or different order ?

It does seem to be a a bit hit and miss though. But if Wifi starts playing up then then disabling BT, putting system to sleep and then waking from sleep and re-enabling BT seems to restore BT and wifi functionality.

Will report any further strangeness ...

If only there was a solution to enable 5Ghz Dual stream .... Perhaps the just released 9.2 Update will help found this in the list of changes:-

• Improves ExpressCard compatibility for some MacBook Pro 2010 models

Full list of updates here :-

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT6114

Might have a go at installing tomorrow and report back

Cheers

Jay

PM me so i can try to debug and help you.

I tried your patch but it did not work.

My patch (30 6B 10 00 00 75 0D - > 30 6B 10 00 00 90 90) works in 10.9.1 and 10.9.2. I use it without problems..

(30 6B 10 00 00 75 - > 30 6B 10 00 00 74)

I've calculated myself and its working.

I do not like your patch

A sequence of numbers (30 6B 10 00 00 75 0D) occurs in binaries - once. Just need to fix it.

A sequence of numbers (30 6B 10 00 00 75) occurs in binaries - 18 times. Of these, only one place you need to fix, and in the remaining 17 places not to touch.

If you want to be beautiful and versatile - add another byte:

(30 6B 10 00 00 75 0D - > 30 6B 10 00 00 74 0D)

• Like 1

PM me so i can try to debug and help you.

@EMlyDinEsH

All is working great, I do not believe that the problem was with your firmware uploader kext.

As has become apparent, Skvo's patch was the missing piece of the puzzle - for some people at least.

If anybody wants a ioreg dump please let me know . . .

I think i have figured out what has been going on ..

Without Skvo's patch, the total number of available channels for the radios on the card was very much reduced. As we know there was no 5Ghz channels and just a few 2.4Ghz channels. Since Bluetooth operates in the 2.4Ghz band it has to share the available channels in the 2.4Ghz radio spectrum with the wifi section of the card. As we all know 2.4Ghz wifi is very widespread and its very common for nearby routers and bluetooth devices to 'compete' for channels sometimes reducing the available channels even more resulting in reduced channel bandwidth . I believe that the poor wifi transmission speed and intermittent bluetooth performance was all being caused by the card being crippled and not able to use the full bandwidth triggering some sub channel throttling to occur .... I think that this is a low level feature of the cards chipset/radio and the different BT firmware versions show slightly different symptoms/behaviours in OSX.

I am now using FW=0, so now running the latest firmware which is what I think the latest OSX drivers/kext's are optimised for.

Everything is working fast and stable.

Am streaming 1080P from my Synology NAS over 5Ghz @ 300Mbs watching a movie with bluetooth headphones with my Apple Magic Touch Mouse, Apple MagicTouch Pad and my iphone all connected via BT 4 - and all working without any issues or delays, I don't think i've ever experienced such amazing STABLE wireless performance in any OS till now ..... at least in my house ... upgrading to this card has been money well spent.

Update: I created a step by step guide for installing this card here.

Cheers

Jay