Acer Aspire V5-171

sem

Hi.

I have an Acer V5-171 model 33216G50ass

Current status:

• Reports as Ivy Bridge / Sandy Bridge when booting from Chameleon with -v
  • Mountain Lion 10.8.4 installed and working using unifail for the USB install and a Kext bundle containing DSDT from the TM forums.
  • Chameleon bootloader needs manually copying because advanced format 4k drive.
  • Self generated SSDT, speedstep works, cycling from 1.2 to 1.8 GHz as required.  Using Macbook Air 5,2 smbios.plist.
  • Onboard HD4000 works with either a DSDT edit or an EFI injection - full acceleration ok - GraphicsEnabler=yes doesn't work as the  video ram is hardcoded in the bios to 128M.  Cannot be changed without a patched bios.
  • Onboard WIFI/BT combo did not work.  Swapped out for Atheros AR5B93 from Ebay and now detected as Airport without modification.
  • Needed patched AppleHDA for ALC269 - current version doesn't recognise internal mic (have post in AppleHDA Patching forum on this site and have dumped Audio Codecs from Linux. https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1967-applehda-binary-patching/page-4&do=findComment&comment=23184
  • Elan Touchpad V4 works perfectly with driver from here.
  • Webcam works.
  • Sleep works.

All in all, a really solid hack book.  However, I want to be able to create a custom DSDT (and learn more about it) and get HDMI audio working.  It would be great to get some pointers (if posting on this forum is ok for that?) and maybe get the model added to EDP so that others have an easier time of installing OSX.

Am more than happy to Alpha/Beta test as this is an experimental laptop.

Attached is a clean DSDT extracted from Ubuntu LIve CD.  I applied some patches for Ivy Bridge laptops and although the laptop boots fine, it freezes after 60 seconds requiring a reboot.  I have attached that DSDT too.

Any help and support would be great - don't mind doing the work myself if folks can point me in the right direction and highlight my errors.

thanks, sem.

03/10/12 Update - tweaked the SSDT to allow idle to drop to 900MHz (going to 800MHz like an MacBook Air caused a panic on the i3 of this machine).

Acer V5-171 DSDTs.zip

post-14268-0-74270600-1380525861_thumb.jpg