Touchpad Installation Screen

CronixD

Hi,

I followed your samsung np900x3c guide. Thanks for it!

Now I arrived at the installation screen. My big problem is now, that I can't use my touchpad or a USB mouse. Is there any way how to navigate with keyboard (using disk utility etc.) without a mouse or to fix this problem?

Thanks.

I managed to continue to the "choose extra option" with my keyboard. Thanks to strg + f2 and strg + f4. But now I cannot change the extra option with my keyboard to "my own one". Are there any posibilities to do it with the keyboard?

It's hard to Tell. The Installer boots correctly but I can't use my touchpad. Only my keyboard. I am quite new to this stuff.. Is there a boot flag to use the generic ps2 controller or something like that? I used the OS X latitude boot pack for my laptop and can see the logo in chameleon. I can't really explain this issue to myself. Thanks.

Edit: I forgot to say: At the Cameleon OSX Latitude Screen my USB mouse is supplied and "glows" red. As soon as the black screen arrives and the installer loads, unfortunetly the supply is gone and the mouse doesnt "glows" red anymore.

• Administrators

your having issues with the USB controller detection. try different ports preferably usb2. look in bios for support if possible. you can also choose ? at the chameleon boot screen look at the usb options and flags. then try them.

your having issues with the USB controller detection. try different ports preferably usb2. look in bios for support if possible. you can also choose ? at the chameleon boot screen look at the usb options and flags. then try them.

Hi,

thanks a lot! it is about the usb3.0 port. is there any posibility to use it? because I need to use one port for my usb mouse and one for my usb stick. (I just have 2 USB Ports :( )

kind regards

edit: or could I somehow use my trackpad?  It is definitly not working with the installed bootpack from this website. 

Now I have a new problem. I managed that the trackpad gets found in the installer. I booted with the stick in the USB 3.0 port and after the chameleon loader was done and the black screen started the message: no root device found was displayed. Then I pulled out my stick from the USB 3.0 port and switched it to the USB 2.0 port, while the message was displayed. immediately the installer was loaded and my trackpad worked.

Now I can boot into Mac OSX after the installation and I configured my mac. My issue now: when I boot and lock in options my élan trackpad is not found. WLAN is not recognized. Only Ethernet.

• Like 1

Now I have a new problem. I managed that the trackpad gets found in the installer. I booted with the stick in the USB 3.0 port and after the chameleon loader was done and the black screen started the message: no root device found was displayed. Then I pulled out my stick from the USB 3.0 port and switched it to the USB 2.0 port, while the message was displayed. immediately the installer was loaded and my trackpad worked.

Now I can boot into Mac OSX after the installation and I configured my mac. My issue now: when I boot and lock in options my élan trackpad is not found. WLAN is not recognized. Only Ethernet.

Hi, have the same problem with the trackpad, how have you managed that i got found by the installer?

I red WLAN card must be changed with an supported, - LAN only works when you boot with connection.

thx yoshi