Does Anyone Have Experience With TransMac?

seanlich

So here is the situation...

I need to transfer files from my PC to my Mac. I found a program called 'Transmac' which can see OS-X formatted drives on a Windows machine.

Right off the bat I was only able to add one file at a time. If I tried to add a folder, it wouldn't show up. So I'm transfering one file at a time.

Every so often, the one file I transfer doesn't even show up. Its as if the file isn't there at all.

I've tried adding the file, removing the drive, and then placing it back on the PC. The file shows up. I bring it to my Mac and it is gone. Then I bring it to my PC and it is gone there as well.

The files are not hidden, it shows as if there is absolutely nothing on the drive...

Just in case the files are 1GB or larger... but it does it with small 50KB files too.

• Administrators

Sounds like you're talking about a OS X disk/partition + a Win disk/partition on the same PC. If you cannot get Transmit to work properly, why don't you create a 3rd small partition, formatted FAT on which you can copy files to/from Win and OS X? That certainly works, I can vouch for it.