Google Chrome issue

griftopia

• Administrators

No, the FakeSMC patch of the D630 pack does include the PCI id of the GPU. You just missed it. NVS 135m carries device id 042b, so it's clearly different from the NVS 160M which you state to carry id 06eb.

Read the thread with more attention...

Okay so I was still loading from E/E with kernel booster kexts = yes, until I got things working. For some reason correcting the patch to match GPU Id in E/E kernel dumps. So now I turned the kernel flag = no, and then moved all my kexts to S/L/E including the patch fix for GPU Id. This time my machine booted fine, but not sure it was faster. Regardless, at least it booted.

The problem is it has not fixed my Chrome issue. What else can I try?

PS : Also I left my laptop alone for couple of hours, expecting it to be sleeping, but when I come back there was some kernel panic crash. When I rebooted, my CPU and GPU temperatures were much higher. I'm afraid I might have made things worse with the FakeSMC patch.

Also my screen randomly blanks out and then comes back...

I posted this in the e6500 forum. Could my problem be I haven't done following yet?

sudo pmset hibernatemode 0
sudo pmset hibernatefile /dev/null
sudo rm -/var/vm/sleepimage

Not sure if they go hand in hand. Of course, my Google Chrome problem still persists, so dunno what to do about that :-(

Finally, when you say revert back, it would go to the D630 GPU Id. Clearly I should completely remove the patch right? Couldn't possible help using D630 patch for e6500.

I solved my problem. Hope it helps someone. The problem really is searching for problem with Google, With google, with right term for Google :-D

go to chrome://flags

Disable "Accelerated 2D canvas".

Once you get there, then you can set hardware acceleration off. then renable 2d canvas. In settings now some stuff still has artifacts, but you can get by.

Phew!

Now I actually am using Google Canary, because I thought maybe they fixed some issues, but it should work for google as well.

Just wanted to provide an update. The chrome issue occurs only on NVidia GPUs not on Intel GPUs. Just in case anyone has reached the same conclusion and knows a permanent fix for it. Google Chrome will not always retain the setting to disable 2d acceleration. So it's a pain some times.