Problem with Lion on Dell D6200 and Similar LG E500

pwgus

Dear pwgus,

Which EDP did you used? 2.2?

VoodooHDA does caused panic sometimes with 2.2. Try EDP 3.1. It has VoodooHDA.kext that does not caused KP.

But need to remove the VoodoHDA.kext manually from /E/E and then run myfix so that you can get into the system to download and run EDP 3.1.

Should should normally boot with mach_kernel arch=i386 -v -f to troubleshoot and see the kernel messages.

Cheers!

I'm having trouble figuring out how to do this stuff can I just use EDP 2.1 instead of 3.1. I can't find the VoodooHDA within the EDP 3.1 SVN, and even if I find it how exactly can I install it.

I just realized the VoodooHDA is not from an EDP its from the BootPack. Now I'm attempting to remake the USB pen with a modified bootpack with no VoodooHDA, since I don't know which one I can install or where to get one that doesnt crash my computer.

More news. Ok, so now I removed the VoodooHDA from the kexts in the extra's folder in the bootpack but it still freazes here:

IMG_0143.jpg

P.S. It says "HURRY" because sometimes I get bored waiting at the console and type silly things :D