Just like any other website out there, we also have rules - ours might be a bit more simple / different.
Trying to run as a platform...
Most forums have a tendency of getting bloated and filled up with crap and its not idea for a website that is a platform- To deal with that all, useful information is moved to the wiki and topics are moved to the archive7 when no longer used in order to keep the forum fresh and clean - so don't take it personally if we delete a thread that you had started or messages you posted. it's the natural flow of things.
- No spamming, spammers will get SLAPPED*
- No flaming, flamers will get SLAPPED*
- Read the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) and use the Search facility before posting.
- Double (or multiple) posts will be deleted.
- Useless topics will be deleted
- Messages unrelated to the topic of a thread and/or polluting messages will be deleted.
Topics with no activity (unless they serve a purpose) will be moved to
"The Archive'': https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/forum/24-the-archive/
- Warez, talk all you want but don't link to it (there is something called Private Messages you know).
- English only. If you want / need chatting in your own language, use the PM facility.
- No references, questions and/or links to TMX (tonycrap...). We don't support their tools and they have their own forum.
Use quotes with moderation. No need to quote the last message in each reply you post. Only quote an older message (or better, use @
) or part of a message you want to specifically refer to in your reply.
- Pertaining forum signatures; you may link to sites outside OSXL (except TMX) but keep it to the point. It's better to add what Hackintosh gear you got. You can edit your signature by clicking on your forum name top right (when you're logged in of course) -> chose "My Settings" OR 1st "Edit Profile" (black top-right button) -> "Signature" (left sidebar).
*) SLAPPED = permanently banned by name, email and IP
That's it! Hopefully, we won't need more than that.