OSXLatitude User Agreement
Last Revised May 23rd, 2018. Effective May 25th, 2018.
Please take a moment to review these rules detailed below. If you agree with them and wish to proceed with the registration, simply click the "Register" button below. To cancel this registration, simply hit the 'back' button on your browser.
Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.
The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this bulletin board. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.
You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.
You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board.
This User Agreement (“user agreement” or “agreement”) is an agreement between OSXLatitude (“OSXLatitude”, “OSXL”, “we”, “our” “us”) and you. This agreement sets out the terms of your use of osxlatitude.com (the “website”) and services, including, but not limited to, the provision of access to an on-line message board (the “services”), guides, articles and projects. This agreement has been designed to foster a fair and tolerant atmosphere in which ideas and information may be shared between OSXLatitude users.
Access to OSXLatitude
- OSXLatitude, including its website and services, is designed as community to share their skills or work with content, ask or provide help (voluntarily but not limited, may include sponsoring), contribute or use projects with respect to running OS X/macOS on non-Apple hardware (includes, but not limited to), and is exclusively for your personal use and enjoyment. We are not responsible for any decisions you make based upon something you read on the website. You may not use the website and/or the services to break the law, violate an individual’s privacy, or infringe the intellectual property rights of any other person or entity.
Your access to OSXLatitude is not guaranteed by this agreement. Without advanced notice and at any time we may, for violations of this agreement or for any other reason we choose: (1) suspend your access to the website or services; (2) suspend or terminate your OSXLatitude account; and/or (3) alter, amend or remove any user content from the website.
Your OSXLatitude Account
- To participate on OSXLatitude, you must create an account that includes a username, password and valid e-mail address (“Your Account”). OSXLatitude reserves its rights to block the use of e-mail address from certain e-mail providers during the registration process at its discretion and without any warning to you.
- You are solely responsible for the information associated with Your Account, and anything that happens in relation to Your Account, including, but not limited to, any content posted to the website by Your Account. You may not license, transfer, sell or assign Your Account without our prior written permission.
- We reserve the right to remove or reclaim or change a user name you select if we determine appropriate in our discretion, such as when the user name is obscene or otherwise objectionable or when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user's actual name.
- If we terminate or suspend your account for any reason, you are prohibited from registering and creating a new account under your name, a fake or borrowed name, or the name of any third party, even if you may be acting on behalf of the third party.
- Illegal Activity: In any instance where we suspect you have used your account to post illegal material (e.g., pornography, spams) to the website, in addition to terminating or suspending your account, we reserve the right to take appropriate legal action, including without limitation pursuing civil, criminal, injunctive redress and to fully cooperate with the authorities in any investigation.
Blocked websites: In any instance where we find you have used your account to post content from the black listed sites, you will be warned first, if you continue to do so then we may suspend or terminate your account at our will. You can request us for the reason for the black list of particular site by contacting us. Following sites are black listed: (It may change over the time, and we will notify you through site internal notifications or mail)
Our Intellectual Property
- OSXLatitude contains projects, graphics, text, photographs, files, images, video, audio, software, code, website compilation, website "look and feel," and advertisements supplied by us or our licensors, which we call "OSXLatitude content." OSXLatitude content is protected by intellectual property laws including copyright and other proprietary rights of the Europe, United States and foreign countries.
We grant you the right to access the OSXLatitude content in the manner described in this agreement. You may not otherwise make unauthorized commercial use of, reproduce, prepare derivative works, distribute copies, perform, or publicly display OSXLatitude content, except as permitted by the doctrine of fair use or as authorized in writing by us.
Your Intellectual Property
- You retain the rights to your copyrighted content or information that you submit to OSXLatitude (“user content”), except as described within this agreement.
- By submitting user content to OSXLatitude, you grant us a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, unrestricted, worldwide license to reproduce, prepare derivative works, distribute copies, perform, or publicly display your user content in any medium and for any purpose, including commercial purposes, and to authorize others to do so.
- By submitting user content to OSXLatitude, you represent that your submitted user content does not violate the copyright, trademark, trade secret or any other personal or proprietary right of any other party.
- By submitting user content to OSXLatitude, you represent that your submitted user content does not violate the laws of the Europe, United States, the State of New York, or the jurisdiction in which you reside.
OSXLatitude does not endorse, either expressly or implicitly, any user content submitted to OSXLatitude. Nor does OSXLatitude assume any liability for any user content submitted to OSXLatitude.
We reserve the right but do not have an obligation to:
A. monitor the website for violations of this agreement;
B. take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in our sole discretion, violates this agreement, including without limitation, reporting such user to the appropriate law enforcement authorities;
C. in our sole discretion and without limitation, refuse, restrict access to or availability of, or disable (to the extent technologically feasible) or modify any user content or any portion thereof for any reason;
D. otherwise manage the website in a manner designed to protect our rights and property, and to facilitate the proper functioning of the website.
Children and OSXLatitude
OSXLatitude does not knowingly collect, process, store, transfer or disclose any personal data of children or users under the age of consent established by the data protection law of their applicable country. If we learn that we are engaged in said activities with the personal data of such users, we will halt those activities and take reasonable measures to promptly remove the applicable personal data from our records. If you are aware that a user under the age of consent in their applicable country is accessing OSXLatitude, please let us know at [email protected] In the case that we discover that a child under the age of consent in their applicable country has provided us with personal data, we shall delete this from our servers as soon as practicable. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal data, please contact us at [email protected] so that we will be able to take the necessary actions to remove your child’s personal data.
Changes to this User Agreement
We may modify this agreement from time to time. Any and all changes to this agreement will be posted on the website and revisions will be indicated by date. You agree to be bound to any changes to this agreement when you use the services after any such modification becomes effective. We may also, in our discretion, choose to alert all users with whom it maintains email information of such modifications by means of an email to their most recently provided email address. It is therefore important that you regularly review this agreement and keep your contact information current in your account settings to ensure you are informed of changes. You agree that you will periodically check the website for updates to this agreement and you will read the messages we send you to inform you of any changes. Modifications to this agreement shall be effective after posting.