Spoke too soon. Lion D630 Wifi problems

torrent99

Just as I thought I'd got Lion licked. I've a bit of a niggle with the Wifi on my D630 X3100 with Dell 1390 WiFi.

It's fine 90% of the time, but after returning from SLEEP the Internet connection doesn't work..

Well I say it doesn't work, actually I can ping various sites, but internet browsers Chrome, Safari etc don't believe the network is up.

Bringing the wifi down and up again fixes everything, but that's pretty damn annoying.

Anyone seen this before?

Cheers

Steve

At least you have sleep working!

Fancy sharing what res your screen is, the DSDT you're using and what extensions are in /Extra ?

Is your wifi card still branded as Dell, or has it been rebranded to match the Apple ones?

At least you have sleep working!

Fancy sharing what res your screen is, the DSDT you're using and what extensions are in /Extra ?

Is your wifi card still branded as Dell, or has it been rebranded to match the Apple ones?

Yea sleep was pretty easy. mine seems to sleep no matter if I use sleepenabler or the apple power management (1st two questions in EDP) or not, AND I DON"T EVEN NEED TO USE A BIOS PASSWORD!!!!! :-) ( In snow leopard I had to use normal default apple power managment or it wouldn't sleep at all)

In /Extra/Extensions is:

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext BCM5722D.kext IntelCPUMonitor.kext VoodooBattery.kext VoodooTSCSync.kext

AppleHDADisabler.kext FakeSMC.kext NullCPUPowerManagement.kext VoodooHDA.kext

ApplePS2Controller.kext IOAudioFamily.kext OSvKernDSPLib.kext VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext

ApplePS2Keyboard.kext IONetworkingFamily.kext SleepEnabler.kext VoodooPState.kext

I'm currently experimenting with the SlicePS2 controller (not sure on that one).

I'm using the "stock" DSTS for a D630 x3100 (1280x800) that comes with EDP 2.2 (no fiddling required).

My Wifi card in a Dell 1390 bought off the bay, I didn't do any rebranding. It was picked up automatically during the Lion install. It reports as BCM4311 in the graphical lspci.

The only things I did "off piste" from the wiki were:

1) Always booting with "-v -x" during the install process.

2) Had to use a USB keyboard & mouse otherwise the Lion install kept looking for a bluetooth keyboard. It still even now keeps trying to find a bluetooth kb and mouse...so I've disabled bluetooth for the moment in the bios.

hope this helps....

Any chance you could upload a zip of your /Extra someplace?

If the 10.7.3 update doesn't fix your wifi issue, let me know - I can help with rebranding it.. Fairly certain the 1390's were prime candidates for that :)

The only thing I don't have working just now is sleep.. But it has some really weird symptoms :-/

Ahhh just seen an entry in the change log for the 10.7.3 update:

* Resolve a Wi-Fi connection issue when waking from sleep

time to update (after a time machine backup....)

Total fail with the 10.7.3 update. Totally non bootable. Even the time machine restore failed. Reinstalling now. Will do a proper dd backup next time :(

So how did you install it?

You know, I'm not even sure of the details now, but I used myHack to create the USB drive (I'd done it by hand earlier, but ended up throwing that out and starting from scratch, myHack was quicker to do :P)

I used the DSDT that simeonoff posted in the 'OSX Lion on D630' thread, along with the Extras someone had suggested - sim's set wouldn't boot for me.. I was getting ACPI KP's quite regularly with a lot of sets, not sure why.

Kexts's in the installer usb drive are: FakeSMC, IntelCPUMonitor, lspcidrv, NullCPUPowerManagement, VoodooBattery, VoodooPS2Controller and VoodooTSCSync

On my installed system, I have BCM5722D, FakeSMC, IntelCPUMonitor, lspcidrv, VoodooBattery, VoodooPS2Controller, and VoodooTSCSync

FINALLY SUCCESS!!!

I've got 10.7.3 installed, and so far wake from sleep is working fine.

The problem?

Quite a few bad sectors on the disc, which the Lion install was OK with but the 10.7.3 update hit halfway through.

Several passes of HDD Regenerator 2011 couldn't fix them, so I ended up moving the partitions about to make sure the area isn't used.

Onwards and upwards.... now to try various mouse drivers to see if I can get a satisfactory experience. (Oh and create a franken keyboard hybrid of a Thinkpad & D630, the Dell keyboard is <fill in expletive here>)