[Solved] E7450: issues with Monterey 12.6.3 after updating Opencore to v0.9.8

osxtothez

hey guys just checking in to see if anyone has successfully updated to Opencore 9.8 on their e7450. Having multiple issues ranging from slow boot, to boot loop, to halt on error. Using OCAT (opencore auxiliary tool) to facilitate the update. Using Jake Lo bootpack E7450_OC_0.8.7 as a starting point and intelwifi. SMBIOS is Macbook Pro 12,1. Going to return to using this base configuration as it works - I'm just curious to see if others have updated OpenCore without issue.

Just here to say after investigation and trial and error I've found the issue to be mostly caused by the incorrect installation of the Intelbluetooth drivers. After removing the set of intel bluetooth kext I had installed, I was able to get normal boot times. I then found the proper instructions on Dortania that recommend NOT to install the Intelbluetoothinjector.kext in Monterey and later. I also found that OCAT's kext updating feature may have some issues as it was recommending updating kexts that were already the most up to date and when I allowed it update them, specifically AirportItlwm.kext, I ended up with a bootloop.

306568375-e7de58cf-0c9c-4e48-af92-4720e2fd016b.png.f784c5fed8676d91776bd1a9015c0704.png