ASRock Extreme6 x58 - Vanilla

GhaleonX1382643441

post-100-13826557996835_thumb.png

Forward

So here's my main build. This machine works quite nicely. I haven't seen much about this particular board in the hackintosh scene, which is surprising, considering all you get on this board:

• [*:393ul4rb]12 SATA ports (6 SATA-2 + 6 SATA-3)
    [*:393ul4rb]x58 chipset/xeon compatible
    [*:393ul4rb]8 USB ports on I/O (4 USB2 + 4 USB3)
    [*:393ul4rb]USB3 Header
    [*:393ul4rb]3 PCI-x16 slots, 2 PCI-x1 slots, and 2 PCI slots

Hardware:

CPU: Core i7-950

Chipset: ICH10/Marvel88SE

Audio: ALC892

LAN: Realtek RTL81111

GPU: nVidia GeForce 9600 GT

RAM: 12GB DDR3 (3x4GB)

Additional devices: Atheros 5008 pci-x, Apple Bluetooth module, Apple Wireless Keyboard (white), Apple Wireless Mouse (white), Apple Magic Trackpad

Extra/Extensions:

FakeSMC - The one kext to rule them all

ALC8XX - Enabler for the audio necessary, in addition to DSDT

RTL81XX - by lnx2mac. Works in MLDP1, too

VoodooPS2 - Backup, if bluetooth keyboard fails

DSDT mods:

SBUS/LPC - Devid added

HDEF - Full pinconfig

"Darwin" added to _INI section

Sleep properties added to EHCI

General cleanup, and arrangement similar to mac

Additional notes: I rearranged the code quite a bit over the course of all my edits, and somehow managed to mess up the power button. No biggie, so I'll fix, eventually.

Working:

Everything, except the power button. Sleep is iffy, but then again I have quite a few USB devices, including a Mbox2 which may cause sleep problems. Since it works sometimes, I'm assuming it's an issue w/ my prephrials.

It's also worth noting that I have no drivers/DSDT edits for my Marvell Sata3 controller - works fine at proper speeds, unless using marvell's RAID (which still works, but link speed is dropped). Apple Software RAID works just fine. I will eventually edit the appropriate sections to allow System Profiler to display 'Marvell' instead of 'Unknown' (provided I can find a way).

Not-working:

Magic. No matter how I pronounce "Wingardium Leviosa", my FPU doesn't change :P

Notes:

I previously had DSDT graphic injection, which seemed to work fine, as well as an Airport entry, but since I'm using a "mini pci-x" to "pci-x" adapter, it's a device that's connected to a bus, that connects to a bus, to connect to the bus, so I'll leave it

off my System Profiler's PCI Cards list :P I also left a SUN (slot number) for the first PCI-x16 port, so it will display in System Profiler by default.

I should also mention that in order for ALC8XXHDA to work, you need to use the old 10.6.2 AppleHDA (not included).

Download

Extra.zip

Extreme6 x58 Extras v1.60.zip