Brand New User

lerenoamp

Hi

My name is Scott, I live in Glasgow, Scotland and I am popping my Hackintosh cherry.

I have a Mackbook Pro and a PC, I use them both for recording audio (Pro Tools and Wavelab), but it is long established that Mac OS is far more robust for such usage so I've been hoping to make the jump for some time. Finances have always dictated otherwise.

However, after a bit of research it looks like I have built myself a PC that is able to be converted to Hackintosh, which I'm very excited about.

I have an engineering degree, part of which involved some basic computing (programming in C++) but that knowledge is long lost in my brain fog.

My setup is an ASROCK X79 Extreme4 MOBO, Intel i7 3820 LGA2011 processor, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Microsoft WIreless Mouse and Keyboard.

Unfortunately I've fallen at the first hurdle. I don't understand why, but I'm getting the boot0: test , boot0: error GPT - this is before I have even been able to run a 'first boot'. USB stick is 8GB, formated HFS+ and with Myhack 3.1.2 installed on it. I have an HFS+ formatted SSD (128GB) sitting waiting and ready in a SATA3 port to accept Mountain Lion. From research of forums it seems this error can occur post first-boot if the Hard Drive is over 1TB.

Will post on the forums if I get approved, hopefully someone with experience will be able to point my in the right direction.

Best Regards

Scott