Fusion Drive on a hackintosh

Romano2K

As most of you may have seen, someone called Jollyjinx published this week blog posts about his experimentations with Fusion Drive.

• [*:4i8832ez]
Fusion drive on older Macs? YES!
[*:4i8832ez]More on BYO Fusion drive
[*:4i8832ez]Fusion Drive - loose ends

Fusion Drive looks to be working automatically on any Core Storage volume, as long as there's a SSD and an HDD, whichever their brand and model number.

So there's no reason it shouldn't work on a hackintosh, but has any one tried? Would you recommend it?

I was able to create the drive and install Mac OS X 10.8.2 however Clover does not see the HDD and SSD with Mac OS X installed on them. Only sees them as a legacy OS. The drive shows up and is working if I boot into my back up drive.

Clover does not see any of my drives if they are connected to my SAS card.

Was able to get it to boot. I set it up with 2 raid 0 HDD (300 MB/s) and a SSD (500 MB/s) however it seems that apple has capped the read/write because I was never able to see over 250 MB/s which every post I have seen so far is what they are getting, For my setup it was slower but for many users they will find that this is a nice way of having Mac installed. Its just not meant for people like me...