Inspiron 13z (5323); is DSDT patching important?

harverby

Actually, I got a bit wordy in the post, but the SD Card Reader was one of the things that I have yet to get working. I'll let you know if I make any progress.

Were you able to make a patched DSDT file for the 13z? For such a recent Dell model I was hoping that it would have been a bit more popular for hacking...

H

Actually I have the 13z-3637slv model, some reason I thought it was a 5253,  They look the same, and may be the same thing.  I have i3 3227U 1.9ghz.  Yes I have a patched dsdt and everything works except sd card reader.  However I just upgraded to 10.9.2 and had to take out generic USB kext and the framebuffercapri to make it boot properly,  So I suspect HDMI out won't work now.  It worked before.  I also lost USB 2.0 functionality taking out the generic usb text.  The only thing I could not get is a patched audio HDA to work, so I settled with voodoo. I spend weeks trying to get the SD card to work and nothing.  Im a newbie at this, so sort of gave up on it.  Then I read you post and got excited,  This card reader is very hard to get to work. This 13z though is sweet, perfect size