clover help

jradomski

0GB or 2GB is only cosmetic problem. (There is no way that you can boot with a Graphics card 0MB). Just make sure QE/CI has been working fully. I think you should create a new 10.9.2 installer with Clover. If your config.plist can boot to installer, you can boot to OS X too.

0GB or 2GB is only cosmetic problem. (There is no way that you can boot with a Graphics card 0MB). Just make sure QE/CI has been working fully. I think you should create a new 10.9.2 installer with Clover. If your config.plist can boot to installer, you can boot to OS X too.

I was never able to get a bootable clover installer. I think I tried every option I saw out there.. I was going to try and build another one with the abovementioned..  my last install with 10.9.1 I also did with chamelion  and just installed clover and it worked. Qe/ci wasn't working . At the time. I also figured it was cosmetic but didn't know the ramifications of that info being wrong.

The above screen shot is still valid.. Here are my latest DSDT,SSDT, clover boot log and my config.plist. 

I'm all out of ideas..  I can boot with all the same files injected by chamelion..

right now only 4 kext injected by 10.9 kext directory (efi/clover/acpi/kexts/10.9)

ACPIBacklight

ACPIbatteryManager

FakeSMC

VoodooPS2Controller

(all above from Rehabman)

and VoodooHda  and AppleHdaDisabler in s/l/e

Archive.zip

Clover wiki :

Q: The system starts loading but hangs at Still waiting for root device.

A: Apart from the standard tip to turn on AHCI mode in BIOS, if it does not exist, find a matching kext for your IDE controller. Or you can try booting with the key NoCaches. Loading will be slowed down because the controller needs more time to be initialised.
This issue arises only when Clover and the OS are on different devices.

Maybe you can try to install Clover on your OS X partition. When you'll boot OS X, your SATA controller should be already initialised by Clover and you should not have this issue anymore... Theoretically....

Clover wiki :

Q: The system starts loading but hangs at Still waiting for root device.

A: Apart from the standard tip to turn on AHCI mode in BIOS, if it does not exist, find a matching kext for your IDE controller. Or you can try booting with the key NoCaches. Loading will be slowed down because the controller needs more time to be initialised.

This issue arises only when Clover and the OS are on different devices.

Maybe you can try to install Clover on your OS X partition. When you'll boot OS X, your SATA controller should be already initialised by Clover and you should not have this issue anymore... Theoretically....

Clover IS installed in the efi partition.. there is only 1 hard drive, it was formatted through diskutility as 1 GUID table HFS+ partition (which of course still creates the second small efi one, I can mount this manually or with clover configurator once booted to osx under chameleon)..

System is 100% functional (including sleep and power management on the cpu and gpu) with chameleon (other than thunderbolt and having to boot using a USB stick).. The SSDT and DSDT were created on the same machine under clover and 10.9.1.. the config.plist is a cleaned up version that worked under 10.9.1

I recently switched from voodoo ps2 to the elan touchpad driver since it supports gestures..  I also have  a default display override set up just incase the laptop display is not detected..

I'm sure I can clean up the DSDT even further as I learn more.. but first thing is first...

What I have noticed is that the lockup is not always exactly the same.. sometimes I will get an extra line printed.. sometimes it will crash with part of the line displayed, sometimes a line less.. so my gut feeling is that its something prior to the last thing being dsplayed thats causing the issue..

booting with or without caches is almost the same.. with caches off it gets a line ot 2 farther consistently but thats it.. I know 10.9.2 and onward basically has a sort of built in graphics injector that can ovveride some of the graphics settings.. unfortunately I don't have a complete copy of the nvidia drivers (10.9.1) to test it.. (i have nvda* but not the ge* ones from 10.9.1)..

I'm not sure what else critical was changed in 10.9.2

also I do not have a restore partition set up..

I also found out under chameleon, the elan touchpad driver does not work right when its in the /extra folder it has to be in s/l/e