D630 Wireless Problem

DeathByBlunderbuss

Hey all!

I've managed to get myself all the way from a successful install of 10.6 to10.6.7, the only problem is that when I did the combo update from 10.6.3 to 10.6.7 my wireless went down the drain. I can still hook up an ethernet cable and get online but when I highlight it at the top of the page it says there is no airport card installed. I'm running on intel x3100 graphics ay 1440x900 thanks to simeonoff's custom dsdt with a 2ghz core 2 duo. I went into the bios and it said I was running on dell wireless so I'm fairly certain it isn't the dreaded intel card. Also OSX recgonizes my processor as a 1.81ghz core 2 duo, am I actually losing performance there or is it just a cosmetic thing?

Thanks!

My 630 has a Dell 1395 card. Snow Leopard saw the card as Dell 1395 and it worked. Lion sees the card as Third Party Wireless and it still works. I didn't do anything special. For Lion I used EDP 2.2 and Boot Pack for D630 with Intel Graphics.

My max resolution is 1280 x 800. Is the hi-res DSDT you mention supported on all D630s?

Thanks,

Freedomrock

After much luck my card is working in 10.6.7. To get it to work I just did a fresh install of Snow Leopard and this time it decided to work. But now when I go to sign into the mac app store it tells me that my computer could not be verified, where did I go wrong? My last install worked fine in the app store. I would like to install Lion on here eventually so fixing this issue is pretty important. Also I'd really like to get osx to fully recgonize my processor.

To answer your question freedomrock the high-res dsdt will only work for you if your display supports 1440x900.

I downloaded Lion using a Mac so I did not have that problem.....maybe try DSDT from Supported Model Bootpack. Try Lion upgrade then switch back to the custom dsdt? I am still new at this so I am guessing. Maybe someone else will offer a suggestion.

Good Luck,

Freedomrock