E5520 Audio - no sound devices, Sierra 10.12.x

EzyRider

I've been trying for several days to get this thing online with audio, and I'm at the point of despair. I've loaded the boot packs that Jake Lo linked for another guy that was fiddling around with the same machine, and for the life of me, I'm unable to get any of the audio devices to register.

I've attempted everything I can think of to get it working (and spent hours trawling through post after post on the matter), and I think I'm out of ideas.

Any suggestions would be welcomed, and a fix would guarantee the person supplying said fix a kidney, one of my children, or even my wife. Tell me what you need, and I'll provide the info, files, or proof of life for aforementioned kidney/child/wife.

Thanks for any suggestions guys, I really do appreciate it (so would my wife, who would love for me to come to bed at a reasonable hour, rather than 5am after hours of pulling my beard out in frustration.)

• Moderators

I'm assuming you're following the Clover guide, read the post install.

Place kexts from  /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other/LE into /Library/Extensions

Then run the permission fix and rebuild cache.

You might have to reboot a couple of times

If it still fails, then copy this into /Library/Extension and repair permission and rebuild cache again. Make sure successful build and no error

Also link to the post you'e getting the boot files from for review

Well, no joy found so far. All files from the bootpack (in the LE directory) copied over, AppleHDA.kext added, permissions and rebuild complete.. no output devices.

I'm wondering whether I've missed a step in the process. Seriously considering a wipe and reinstall at the moment, should push come to shove. *sigh*

List of errors on rebuild;

ApplePS2Trackpad.kext - dependency 'com.apple.driver.ApplePS2Controller' not found.
ApplePS2Trackpad.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ApplePS2Trackpad.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext IOAHCISerialATAPI_Injector.kext
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/DisableTurboBoostBattery.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67013 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA3B for kext AppleHDAController.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext AppleBacklightInjector.kext
ApplePS2Trackpad.kext - dependency 'com.apple.driver.ApplePS2Controller' not found.
Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.ApplePS2Trackpad; omitting from prelinked kernel.
kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:
kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController]: 	_gAudioStackDebugFlags
Link failed (error code 5).
Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController; omitting from prelinked kernel.

I'm aware of the issue with the trackpad (I was going to resolve later), but I'm seeing an error with the HDA controller. I've obviously missed something here, but I'm damned if I can work out what it is.

• Moderators

Check /System/Library/Extensions for AppleHDA.kext, it should be untouched.

AppleHDAIDT.kext should go into /Library/Extensions

You shouldn't have ApplePS2Trackpad.kext in /Library/Extensions if you're using the files attached.