E7450 - Backlight issue on High Sierra

vrebatta816

Hello folks. 

I just noticed something very strange after installing high Sierra 10.13.4 on a 7450 latitude. very randomly the backlight goes out and I need to press any key along with f12 to get it back on. I have used the latest bootpack from the 7450 latitude guide; the one with bios 19 to be more specifically. I can confirm that I have the latest bios installed.  one thing to add, I had always used this laptop with Sierra without any issues. I actually had to install high Sierra doing the above, pressing f12 every time it went out. Also, it always does this at boot time. The apple status bar goes almost half way and the light goes out. In the OS, the backlight going out happens very randomly. 

thank for your help by the way 

I'm attaching a clip to show you what I'm talking about. pictures say a thousand words 

7450.mp4

Jake, 

prior to high Sierra that method used to work. I also use karabiner in high Sierra; however, no luck. I did copy the file provided to the path that was also provided. Now, for some reason the screen backlight goes out at boot up and after booting up it goes out very randomly. 

thanks again