Noswal

E7440 Catalina Won't Boot Post-Install

Hi, I just finished getting Catalina clean installed using the Clover Guide and the E7440_Catalina boot pack. My problem is that I'm not able to start the laptop after rebooting. I'm able to boot up properly if I start up using the Clover installation on my flash drive. However, if I start up using the Clover installation on my laptop drive, I get stuck on the Apple logo and without a progress bar underneath. I tried my best to follow the post-install instructions and even tried out different kexts versions, but right now I'm stumped. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

I used gibMacOS to download Clover r5092 because I wasn't able to get the latest version to inject the ethernet kext during the OSX install.

Make sure you use the same Clover version as your USB installer + same EFI folder...

I made sure to also install Clover r5092 on the laptop and copy the same EFI folder from the USB installer to EFI on the laptop. Is there any way to check if these are properly installed?

Nevermind. Everything works now. I should have just used the included permissions.sh to refresh the files after copying EFI over. I must have made a typo trying to enter the commands through terminal. Thanks for telling me what I needed to check!