Dell d620 - intel 945 gfx help please

x7r4c7

here is the back story - any help would be very helpful, thanks people.

Dell D620 intel 945

t7200

i want to put mac osx SL on this laptop useing the instructions on this site.

i have so far setup a Vmware with 10.8 onit to use Myhack ( i can run myhack )

when running myhack i can not create a bootable usb useing a .toast file so get any further with this project.

where am i going wrong ?

thank you.

x7r4c7

• Administrators

-> moved to the D6x0 Support section. Guides sections clearly state "no support here" so please make every effort to post in the correct and relevant sections in the future...

Now, to begin with, make sure you use the correct version of myHack. Latest v3.3.1 cannot be used for SL due to a bug. The correct version for SL (v3.1.2) is provided in the myHack section where things are clearly explained.

All you need for SL is a genuine copy of a retail DVD or retail image (10.6, 10.6.3 or 10.6.8). Then, you download the D620 GMA950 SL pack and select the provided DSDT that matches your LCD screen resolution (LoRes DSDT for 1280x800 or HiRes DSDT for 1440x900). Then, pick up a USB key (8GB should do) and format it FAT32. You can then create your USB installer with myHack. All you have to do is follow the process and point to your downloaded boot pack (i.e. "Extra" folder) when prompted to do so. myHack includes the Chameleon bootloader installation so you normally cannot go wrong on that front.

NB: I don't know what you mean by "using a .toast file". May be you can explain and post a picture.