Make a 10.7.4 USB install?

gamemasher

I have followed the USB install instructions for my Intel D620 and can install everything properly but for whatever reason cannot get it to boot after.

I have also tried this: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/756-mac-os-x-lion-install-guide-for-d620/

I have a 10.7.4 InstallESD. Can someone please provide exact instructions for how to make it work with 10.7.4?

• Administrators

Dear Gamemasher,

We need more information on whats causing the boot problem. Can you boot with mach_kernel arch=i386 -v -f and let me where its stuck or KP?

By the way, did you replace the 10.7.4 appleacpiplatform.kext? It a known issue with 10.7.4 update. There is a topic on it in the forum.

Cheers!

Dear Gamemasher,

We need more information on whats causing the boot problem. Can you boot with mach_kernel arch=i386 -v -f and let me where its stuck or KP?

By the way, did you replace the 10.7.4 appleacpiplatform.kext? It a known issue with 10.7.4 update. There is a topic on it in the forum.

Cheers!

Yes I replaced the appleacpiplatform.kext with the one from 10.6.7. I booted it the way you just said and it hung at, "ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::RegisterLCPDriver - WARNING- LPC Device Initialization Failed: C-State power management not initialized"

What does this mean? What can I do to fix it?

• Administrators

Dear gamemasher,

Look like the kernel boot up went ok and the problem i think is graphics. The gui is not loading. Have you installed the Extra bootpack to the new os x system?

Cheers!

I reinstalled (and replaced the AppleACPI kext) it and tried -v -f and now it panics at AppleIntelGMA950.kext. MyHack doesn't work fully for whatever reason so I used xfail, having placed the extra folder on the flash drive beforehand, then used MyHack to install chameleon which works. If I install MyHack utilities, the install blacks out after the destination select screen. Do I need to use MyHack to install the extra folder? I didn't when I made my 10.7 USB without error. I have also tried using graphicsmode to no avail.