Move to bigger hard drive

Clif

I installed Lion on my 630 on a 60 GiB Drive, using HyHack 2.0, it has worked fine, but I have run out of space for my video collection. I have a 160 GiB drive and put it in and tried to install using MyHack 3.1 but the install keeps hanging. I tried to recreate the usb drive with MyHack 2.0 but it fails also. Is there a way to move my 60 GiD partition to the 160 Gib Drive and make it work?

Clif

• Administrators

Dear clif,

There are a few ways of doing it. It is the easiest if you can make your new hard disk into an external hard disk for transfer purpose.

Once you have that, you need to create two new partition say 80 gig each on you new hard disk, use disk utility from your installer usb to create an image of the old hard disk to the second partition and restoring it to the first partition of your new hard drive. You can then boot into your new hard disk to test it, delete the second partition and expand your first partition to use the entire new disk. Lastly, install chemeleon to the new hard disk.

Well, that's one way of doing it especially if you don't have a second os system and just the usb installer.

Cheers!

Ok, so I do have a MacMini, I took both drives, the 60 and 160 and hooked them both up as external drives to the mini. I partitioned the 160 into 2 80 gig partitions. I restored the 60 to the first 80 and put the 160 in the laptop. I powered on the laptop and got a blinking cursor.

Rebooted with MyHack usb disk, chose internal hdd and got KP.

post-1527-067232600 1338757994_thumb.jpg