Lion 10.7.2 on D620

hirion

Dear ianyo,

Have you tried the other ps2 kext in EDP ? I normally use option 1.

Cheers!

Dear Syonagar,

During install, with the fitting boot pack on the pen drive it still searching the keyboard and the mouse. I can fix it if I push a 'space' on the laptop keyboard - after that they work. After reboot (I have the HDD booted from the install pen drive) it still doesn't see the keyboard and the mouse. If I join a USB keyboard and mouse I can step forward. After configuration EDP 3.3 (I use woodoo PS2 driver), after restarting system (OSX is loading) in a very few seconds the bluetooth assistant is searching the keyboard again. I close this window and then I can use the OSX, but after every restart this bluetooth assistant searches for the keyboard.

Meanwhile I updated my installer to 10.7.4 and my EDP is 3.3 but the problem is still exist. I have tried to turn off the bluetooth in BIOS but in this case the mouse moved at large.

Bye!

Dear ianyo,

One of our member had similar issue in a recent post. There was a mention about turning off bluetooth keyboard in general settings. Have you tried that?

Cheers.

Dear Syonagar,

Thank you for your advice. In System preferences in bluetooth settings I turned off opening the Bluetooth System Assistant if it doesn't find keyboard or mouse when starting. After one restart it seems it is working.

BTW: Do you know if is it possible to give more shared memory to the graphic card under OSX, or does exist a BIOS for D620 in which I can modify the size of the shared memory?

Bye

• Administrators

Dear ianyo,

Im not sure its possible without kext hacking. But i will look into it as it sounds interesting. Have you read it being done somewhere or have you done it with other os?

Cheers.

Dear ianyo,

Im not sure its possible without kext hacking. But i will look into it as it sounds interesting. Have you read it being done somewhere or have you done it with other os?

Cheers.

Dear Syonagar,

I have neither read nor done it, just thought it would be useful (it seems to me that Lion would be faster if it could use more shared memory).

Bye