EMlyDinEsH

Complete AppleHDA Patching Guide

I got it to work! Sleep now works.  I used EHCI, XHCI and SMBUS patch to existing dsdt and bingo.. Sleeps like a baby :) mouse light goes off as well.  Now only thing left is USB improper ejection message after sleep and USB 3.0 accepting non USB 3.0 devices.  Also a minor cosmetic brightness goes to maxe after sleep but can adjust with fn key. 

Update: After those patches lost touchpad functionality.  Keyboard still works though.  Looks like culprit is XHCI

Update: Probably lost touchpad functionality earlier, and wasn't aware.  Not sure where in the process I lost it.  Darn fix something lose something!  After a test looks like sleep worked after XHCI patch only.  Read somewhere u need all three to get sleep to work.

yes, you need USB patching in dsdt for sleep along with patched AppleIntelCPUxxx kext and SSDT files/using GenerateP & C states flags. 

What's your touchpad name Synaptics or elan or ALPS? Which kext you use for this?

Not working men, I used kext utility, but doesn't work

Why??? :(

PD: This AppleHDA working too for hdmi sound?? Its what im interested on, I have Intel HD 3000

Thanks!

For HDMI you need dsdt and HDGraphics kext patching as well. There might be issues with your dsdt or AppleHDA kext might need some changes or something else which you've installed will be giving issues. For helping with this I need your system log from Console app along with IOregsitry file.

yes, you need USB patching in dsdt for sleep along with patched AppleIntelCPUxxx kext and SSDT files/using GenerateP & C states flags. 

What's your touchpad name Synaptics or elan or ALPS? Which kext you use for this?

The touchpad no longer an issue.  It seems when I was testing function keys, one of them deactivates touchpad.  I didn't realized it actually worked. :blink:  Sleeps works fine.  All I need is to fix USB3.0 to recognize 2.0 devices, and perhaps fix USB after sleep improper ejection message. :D

Update: seems enabling USB power in sleep in bios fixes the improper ejection message.  Not sure if its the right fix..

Hey EMlyDinEsH, I was trying to follow your guide to patch AppleHDA for my Samsung notebook, but I don't know what went wrong. I'm getting no output... And I can't follow the guide too much as its really complicated (or maybe its just me). Can you help me patch AppleHDA and my DSDT for Mountain Lion 10.8.3" Thanks! Attached are DSDT and codec dump...

codec_dump.txt

SRSR333_DSDT.zip

Hey EMlyDinEsH, I was trying to follow your guide to patch AppleHDA for my Samsung notebook, but I don't know what went wrong. I'm getting no output... And I can't follow the guide too much as its really complicated (or maybe its just me). Can you help me patch AppleHDA and my DSDT for Mountain Lion 10.8.3" Thanks! Attached are DSDT and codec dump...

I'll take a look and let you know tomorrow as i'm little busy.

The touchpad no longer an issue.  It seems when I was testing function keys, one of them deactivates touchpad.  I didn't realized it actually worked. :blink:  Sleeps works fine.  All I need is to fix USB3.0 to recognize 2.0 devices, and perhaps fix USB after sleep improper ejection message. :D

Update: seems enabling USB power in sleep in bios fixes the improper ejection message.  Not sure if its the right fix..

For recognizing USB2.0 devices you need to use Rollback kexts of USB but USB3.0 devices won't work with it. So, remove any USB3.0 kexts and install Rollback kexts of USB.  The message after sleep can't solved easily since its coming from driver which doesn't has source code available to fix it so we'll have to live with it like so or look for some support from Apple in next versions. If you do wish then try to experiment since you have the hardware.

For recognizing USB2.0 devices you need to use Rollback kexts of USB but USB3.0 devices won't work with it. So, remove any USB3.0 kexts and install Rollback kexts of USB.  The message after sleep can't solved easily since its coming from driver which doesn't has source code available to fix it so we'll have to live with it like so or look for some support from Apple in next versions. If you do wish then try to experiment since you have the hardware.

I found a fix for the USB3.0. I installed this genericUSBXHCI kexts, and now it works.  I don't have any USB3.0 devices so I'm not sure if it picks those as 3.0  Profiler still list as super speed but picked up from this driver.

I played around with the path map id's in HDA, an got it to work even better.  This time internal speakers are first to work.  I no longer need HP in first to work.  It switches nicely between between the two.  However I just found I lose sound after sleep.  Any fix for that?  Something in DSDT I need to look for? I probably had this before but never realized it.

update: Affects only internal speakers.  HP still work after sleep.

update 2: Fixed the audio sleep by trying one of the ioaudiofamily kext in the thread fix your audio after sleep.

thanks!!  great work Emlydinesh...

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.