Optiplex 3040 i5-6500 HD530: Sequoia installation

I own a Dell Optiplex 3040 PC. The processor is i5 6500 Skylake. iGPU HD 530. I am currently using Macos Monterey without any problems. I really liked Macos Sequoia with its new features. I downloaded Sequoia Beta 3 and made a bootable USB. For the installation, I made a small change in the config.plist of the EFI I used in Monterey and came to the installation screen. I started installing the installation on a 128 GB USB memory stick for testing purposes. Everything was going very well. However, as you know, a few reboots occur during the installation. It got stuck somewhere on the last of the reboots. It gave the error "Not eligible for acceleration". Slowly, the text continued on the verbose screen. Then it continued with an error message saying "missing executable detected... Executable: /usr/libexec/IOMFB_bics_daemon". And the articles flowed quickly. As far as I can see, it restarted by typing something like "memory stuck....". My question to you is this. Can I install Macos Sequoia with this hardware? If I can, where could I have gone wrong? If members who are experts in Hackintosh an help me, I would like to share my EFI folder.

Thanks.

• Administrators

-> moved to Sequoia beta section.

Do post a zipped copy of your bootloader config file + kexts folder and do tell what bootloader you're using and its version. Not much we can do without this...

Now, regarding graphics acceleration on HD530, Monterey was the last macOS version to natively support Skylake (SKL) graphics. Starting with Ventura, such graphics acceleration can only be obtained by faking/using Kaby Lake (KBL) iGPU settings. One additional point to keep in mind is that graphics acceleration on desktop HD530 is now a challenge and failure often reported. Attempting this with a pre-release version of macOS is probably not the best way to go at this point of time and I would recommend you stick to Ventura or Sonoma 1st.

I suggest you consult the following threads/pages:

• Administrators

Never seen this KP on "watchdog" before; that's a first. Can't see any obvious mistake in your setup arrangements or config file. Nothing wrong with the patched ACPI tables or the injected kexts. So, I'd say the issue is somewhere in your OC config, maybe the quirks.

I'm not too convinced by those boot args: agdpmod=vit9696 (isn't this for external GPU?) gfxfcms=1 (that's invalid, it's igfxfcms=1) and igfxdvmt (it's for Ice Lake platforms). I don't believe you need any of those at all. You would need to read the Whatevergreen documentation:

https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/tree/master

https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/blob/master/Manual/FAQ.IntelHD.en.md

Regarding the properties you inject for HD530, faked KBL device id and injected KBL framebuffer layout id look Ok to me. Not so sure about the injected HDMI 2.0 properties but I can't see them do any harm.

Re: quirks, a few suggestions:

• Booter: enable "SyncRuntimePermissions"
  • Kernel: I think you can disable "AppleXcpmCfgLock"
  • UEFI: not sure if you really need "RequestBootVarRouting"

Kernel -> Scheme set to Fuzzy match. Do you really need this? Pretty sure you can also leave KernelArch to auto.

• Like 1