Multibooting on Dell XPS15z (L511z)

Spotta

Hi

I'm new around here and have just managed to install Mountain Lion on my XPS15z with the help of this guide. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285982-guide-os-x-mountain-lion-on-a-dell-xps-15z-l511z/

I'm normally quite good at looking up posts and working things out by myself but I'm currently going round in circles with Chameleon and getting all my OS's to boot.
Some background, My XPS has Windows 8, OSX, Windows 7 & Windows 7 in that order on the hdd (The first Windows 7 will be going once I am happy that my Windows 8 can be used as my main OS) All three Windows installs do not have a system reserverd partition (when the Windows install created the main and reservered partition, the main one was deleted, the System Reservered partition was then extended and windows installed to it.
My OSX install was using a vanilla 10.8.2 purchased using the App store from a virtual machine on my Windows 8. I prepared a USB stick and managed to install it and I can currently boot it via Chameleon on the usb stick using -x

i've tried installing Chameleon (not sure if correctly!) but each time I just ruin the Bootloader. I've read that you need to Set the Windows partition active after installing chameleon and then go back and set the OSX partition back as active but when I try to set the OSX partition active using diskpart (run as admin) in windows 8 I get -
DiskPart has encountered an error: The I/O operation has been aborted because of
 either a thread exit or an application request.
See the System Event Log for more information.

My current bootloader accessed through EasyBCD on the Windows 8 shows -

There are a total of 4 entries listed in the bootloader.

Default: Windows 8
Timeout: 30 seconds
Boot Drive: C:\

Entry #1
Name: Windows 8
BCD ID: {current}
Drive: C:\
Bootloader Path: \windows\system32\winload.exe  

Entry #2
Name: Windows 7 Work
BCD ID: {456a7311-6fd2-11e2-ac88-a404a5e7dfb9}
Drive: D:\
Bootloader Path: \Windows\system32\winload.exe

Entry #3
Name: Windows 7 Music
BCD ID: {456a7310-6fd2-11e2-ac88-a404a5e7dfb9}
Drive: F:\
Bootloader Path: \Windows\system32\winload.exe

Entry #4
Name: NST Mac OS X
BCD ID: {456a7319-6fd2-11e2-ac88-a404a5e7dfb9}
Drive: C:\
Bootloader Path: \NST\AutoNeoGrub0.mbr

At the moment when i boot I get the Windows bootloader, listing all 4 OS's. the three Windows OS's boot fine.

OSXL-boot1.jpg
If I choose OSX, I get this screen

OSXL-boot2.jpg

also showing all four OS's but when I choose OSX and add the start up arguements I get a few lines of code and the machine reboots.

I feel that i am nearly there! Can anybody here help me out a bit?

thanks
Spotta

try using windows 7 diskpart, it has been flawless for me, and when installing chameleon install it to the mac partition, if any of the operating systems fail to load report back.

it is actually very easy to get windows xp/7 and mac to co-exist, i for one think windows 8 is an abomination (windows me) and refuse to use it, but expect repairing the boot sector should be as simple as windows 7 and if any of the windows installs will not boot run the repair tool, reboot with your install disc and open command prompt and run diskpart and set your first windows install active, reboot follow the same steps and set mac active and let chameleon take over, you may have to use the first windows install to select from the other installations.

hope that made some kind of sense.