Dell Latitude C840 Question

boomieking1

Hello

I have recently purchased a Dell Latitude C840, which is a Mobile P4 system. According to several places on the Internet, it is possible, however the guide that everyone links to is down. Does anyone know how to successfully hackintosh a C840?

Thanks

• Administrators

That's probably going to be limited to Snow Leopard, possibly with legacy kernel. You can always try ModCD with a retail SnowLeopard DVD or image to start with, see if you can boot the installer and proceed with installation.

If you get through, we may look at a subsequent myHack installation and possible integration in EDP.

• Administrators

Tiger 10.4 is a very very old and obsolete Max OS X version, I can't see any point trying to install it nowadays. Anyway, here we only support Snow Leopard 10.6 , Lion 10.7 and Mountain Lion 10.8.

• Administrators

Holly cow, I looked at the specs on Dell's web site! It's quite a dinosaur you got there. Seriously, forget trying to run anything decent on that old lady, even XP. This is hardware that dates back to 2002-2003.

On top of this, you may have noticed that the wiki page you pointed to dates back to 2007 (as did the dead links) and that it mentions this laptop was "poorly supported"...

I hope you did not pay too much for this C840, because it's kind of worthless!