Faster keyboard pairing

Gonzzo

Hi,

I've installed a bluetooth module (bcm92045nmd) in my desktop PC and after introducing the Vendor/Product ID in the IOBluetoothFamily.kext the Broadcom kext i loaded.

I have connected a bluetooth keyboard (no brand) and a trackpad.

After booting, the trackpad connects instantly after touching it. However, with the keyboard I need to wait several seconds after hitting one key to get automatically paired.

Is there any way I can make it working like the trackpad? Funny enough, the VendorID of the keyboard (Chinese) is Apple ID (0x05AC).

Also, I can only sleep the desktop if I have disabled the "wake up with bluetooth"). If I enable I sleep the PC but instantly wakes up again. I've googled about it but couldn't find something meaningful to fix it.

thanks.

Gonzzo

where do you disable it in 10.8? I've googled it but the only reference is in Energy Saver, but I don't have any option related with wake through USB. What I have disable is wake through bluetooth.

Done it, and in this case if I enable in OSX "wake on bluetooth" I can suspend the system without any problem (makes sense, since despite the interaction keyboard/trackpad with bluetooth dongle, it doesn't wake up the system). But this is not a bid deal since I always can wake it up trough te power button.

What I'm desperate is with the time it takes to pair the keyboard vs. the trackpad. Funny enough, if I pair also a microsoft mouse, it takes also 20 sec to connect after waking up (or at start) after I move it and then another 20 sec after I press any key whereas the Apple trackpad is paired instantaneously.

It is like if the trackpad is hard-coded whereas the other devices are not, but I don't know where is reflected (on't see anything in the info.plist of broadcom kext).

how old is your computer and how old is the keyboard? maybe you can use another pairing utility other than system preferences or just plain use a wired keyboard... I think everyone's stumped :)