zbuc

zbuc

-Where you are from/where you live.

I'm from Southeast Michigan.

-How long you have used a hackint0sh (if this is your first time, state that you are new to this).

I'm very new to the Hackint0sh scene :) No working box yet.

-A brief summary of your experiences in hackint0shing (if any).

Tried a handful of approaches(tonycrap, crackwalk, by hand with iboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded), ...) before stumbling across this method that looks a bit saner. Still not having luck, though.

-What triggered your interest in hackint0sh.

I have an HTPC that I think OS X would be a perfect match for. I don't like having a Windows install on it -- too many people use the computer unsupervised and it winds up bogged down with spyware and garbage.

-Your general computer skill level.

I'm a professional software developer who works primarily with Linux and OS X.

-List any technical experience you have in various operating systems and programming languages (if any).

Experienced using all operating systems and doing basic user maintenance. I've built my own Linux kernel successfully before to incorporate a trackpad fix for a specific laptop, so I'm not wary of technical work.

-If you have any talents/skills that you would like to offer to help the community (optional).

Like I said... I'm a developer... any solution we come up with from looking through my problem(which I will describe in a new thread in the "Installation" forum when approved) I'd be happy to help come up with a series of steps for scripting into the myHack application if possible.