- SOLVED - problem with the administrative password

hunt7000

hi there :)

i was with my friend today to prepare the boot able USB stick and put the os x on it but i was stuck in the administrative password ... my friend dose not have any password to log in to his laptop and when i searched on that password on mac help on his laptop i found that it should be with the administrator of the mac machine or on the install CD of the os on his laptop ... so he does not have that CD ... now i'm stuck on that problem because myhack.app does not continue so what should i do ???

another thing i was asking about on my previous topic that if i want to do double boot between (mac & windows) what should i do ???

thanks in advance :) sorry for the ten questions :oops:

This might be the same problem that I encountered.

I built a Mountain Lion DP3 USB stick. The install went very smooth. On first booth I was prompted to set the Language and Timezone, then I was asked how I connected to the internet. I chose Ethernet or LAN connection and then I was immediately presented with a login prompt even though I had never been asked to setup a user account.

I'm not sure if this is a 10.8 DP3 bug or not (i'm too newb myself at this right now) but the solution was to select 'This computer does not connect to the internet' and then you will be prompted to setup a user account.

Let me know if that helps.

no i didn't reached that point ... i'm still at first step ... the step when you use myhack.app to prepare the USB stick ... when i opened myhack.app it requests an administrative password to be able to have access to "sudo" like it said in the installation steps so as i've said in the first comment i can't get that password ... so if you know any thing about that please help :)

yes ... i figured that out after a lot of searching ... but i did it wrong also because i was resetting the system root password and it says to change the administrator account's password ... just read that now ... really i'm sad ... i think i will give it another try soon .... thank you for your help :)

and do you know any thing about doing double boot ?

This might be the same problem that I encountered.

I built a Mountain Lion DP3 USB stick. The install went very smooth. On first booth I was prompted to set the Language and Timezone, then I was asked how I connected to the internet. I chose Ethernet or LAN connection and then I was immediately presented with a login prompt even though I had never been asked to setup a user account.

I'm not sure if this is a 10.8 DP3 bug or not (i'm too newb myself at this right now) but the solution was to select 'This computer does not connect to the internet' and then you will be prompted to setup a user account.

Let me know if that helps.

It was a DP3 bug, I ran into this myself. The solution was to re-install and just select 'This computer does not connect to the internet" to get through the rest of the initial setup.

And in regards to systems without admin/root passwords - I replied to that here : viewtopic.php?f=5&t=385&p=1232#p1232